Enterprise Re-launch

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Alright, so the title is a little deceptive, as it's only in novel form, but I'm just WAY too excited about it.

For all you Enterprise fans, on the 27, the first book comes out called The Good That Men Do and the cover ( here ) makes it look pretty darn interesting.

Also I'm excited because I may have a HUGE fangirl crush on Trip. *hides*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
... Hmmm, thought you'd have a crush on Captain Archer, since he was portrayed by Scott. Never got into Enterprise, it was on the UPN channel whenWSBK was taken over and removed from my TV cable provide. Missed out on the last season or two of Voyager that way also. At least now they're merged into the CW network...
*Leaves thread.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Yeah. All we have in antenna, but we get UPN (and now CW) so that's good for us.

I never really got into Enterprise on the original run (that and I was at a boarding school that didn't allow television). I'm watching it now as it runs on Sci-fi at school (I love having cable :big_grin: ) I know I've seen the last episode before though, so I know what set up the book.

That's sad about missing the last couple seasons of Voyager. Voyager's probably my favorite!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... DS9 was my fave of the series so far. As for Voyager, the farthest I got were the following three episodes:
1 The Halloween episode where 7 of 9 gets frightened by the holo-image of the raven, as she finds out the origins of her human self and when that little girl was assimilated.
2 The following Halloween episode where the ship's crew gets turned into freaks for an alien experiment and they kill off the effects by forcing the ship through a nova star.
3 The episode where Kess jumped ship to become on with her transcendant existential self, pushing the ship past Borg Space, where Janeway says that now they're 15 years closer to getting back to the Gamma Quadrant..

Though I wonder... If Voyager's in the Delta Quadrant, wouldn't they have come across and fought with the Dominion?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Well they missed big chunks here and there due to random things. Maybe they just missed it?

Or maybe space is just that huge.....

I never got into DS9. I would like to give it another go sometime, however. I became uninterested with the war scenario and just sorta zoned out.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've read about this. But, I havn't been able to understand the last few Enterprise books because I missed out on the series and it doesn't quite work without knowing what's going on.

Count, I don't think that Janeaway is in Dominion space. They wen't to a different quadrant, didn't they? Because they would have know about the Delta Quadrant wormhole from DS9 and just shot straight back. I think that VOY is my second fav series (after TNG), mainly because I like the charcters of the Doctor, Kes, Paris, and the lady Klingon (what the heck is her name? I've had a total brain melt on that.)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Belanna! Thought there's probably some klingon apostrophe's in there that I've missed.

(edit: i think that I wasn't supposed to put an apostrophe in the word apostrophe... but I thought I'd leave it in for comic value ><)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aargh... Now I feel like I'm the one muddling stuff up. OK, if the DS9 station is stationed in the Alpha Quadrant where Earth and Bejor and Cardassia are located... Then the wormhole connects them with the Gamma Quadrant where the Dominion (shapeshifters nation) was based. If memory serves correctly, Voyager jumped through that hole, and then got sent further down the hute and got stuck in a universe of their own to play in, known as the Delta Quadrant. Then again, I haven't watched any Star Trek in years, so I'm just gonna defer to anyone who has greater knowledge on the subject than yours truly and sit over here in the corner eating a nice piece of Christmas pie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nope. The Voyager was pulled into the Delta Quadrant by some guy known as the Guardian or something, I think. From the badlands.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, Dominion's in the Gamma Quadrant, Count. Bajor gets a bum deal being right by the wormhole.

I forgot how much I knew about Star Trek. Haha!

Rule of Acquisition #44: Never confuse wisdom with luck.