EM.TV Television News

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Weren't there rumors that EM.TV was going bankrupt? Well whatever the case may be, here is a little info on their latest project:

EM.TV Brings Fairy Tale Police Department To Mipcom

September 13, 2002

Germany's EM.TV found success with its first installment of the whimsical series FAIRY TALE POLICE DEPARTMENT (FTPD), which has sold to broadcasters in France, Italy, Spain, Latin America, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Africa and the Ukraine. Therefore, EM.TV will be bringing another round of FTPD to this year's show. The second series of FTPD (13 x 24-minutes) follows a special unit of the secret service that fights crime in the fairy tale world. FTPD agents Johnny Legend and his partner Chris Anderson ensure that all fairy tale favorites really do live happily ever after. The series is an EM.TV & Merchandising AG and Victory Media Group co-production. At MIPCOM EM.TV will be located at booth R29-01.

Sounds like a fun show. Too bad they had to spoil it with a pig. :smile: hehe.

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
wanna see the show in action? go pick up the comic book "Fables". it's really good, and about to be added to my already huge list of what i get every month...

Luke

Reaction score
Thats just another show in production - their quarterly earnings will be way up too, but they are still on the edge of bankruptcy .... massive debt and the problems with the German media could force them down at any time. There are a few court cases that could swing against them coming up as well i think.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Luke. I didn't say much about their bankruptcy issue in the opening because really I know nothing about it other than that people were rumoring it. Do you have any info on the what the lawsuits are about?

-Matt