Elmo's Healthy Heroes

Drtooth

Reaction score
SSL Fan, you also have to realize that DOI is produced by a multi-Billion dollar, for-profit corporation, that can afford to tour a cast of 50+ people and a crew of 20+, even if ticket sales are low. The VEE Corp SSL shows, however, are funded by Sesame Workshop, a NON-profit Corporation. The money they make from ticket sales and merchandise, and other SS toys and DVDs is what funds any SS production. I know you and I don't feel this way, but overall, Mickey Mouse has more appeal than Elmo. You also have to take in account families who can't afford to take that dream vacation to Disneyland or Disney World. Many times, the best parents can do is taking their children to see Mickey and Minnie ice skate, even if that means missing out on Elmo and Dora this year.
Think about it this way, Sesame Street Live... Disney on Ice. Just the sounds alone... Disney... and it's ON ICE! You'd even go to see versions of movies you already saw! If nothing else, they're ice skating, and that IS a big part of the appeal. And again, strategically placed during the Winter vacation months. What ELSE are you gonna do to shut the kids up for a couple hours? The only times SSLive comes to this area, it's Spring vacation or later (sometimes not even IN the vacation week). It's warmer, and it's cheaper to just take the kids to the park.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Actually, DrTooth, SSL and DOI both tour almost year round. From late Aug/early Sept to May or June. And both have a short summer break. Neither show tours primarily in the Winter or Spring season. So the time they tour has virtually nothing to do with each tour's success, seeing as how they both tour at the same time... :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the DOI always comes to vacation weeks in my area. When we get an SSL over here it's just after (sometimes during) April vacation. So I wonder if they schedual a lot of them during vacation weeks in certain areas, or it's just in MA... I remember seeing Toy Story on ice (the ONLY ice show I've ever seen, cursing the fact I never saw Darkwing Duck on ice) during a February vacation week.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2CmVbXKZ1o

Liking the new amped up choreography (for it to be a theater show) even if it does sorta remind me of the EMM "Sunny Days" opening, lol. Overall the show seems pretty cute, though I can't wait for them to go back to using 16-17 performers again in their shows. Just seems like SS is shrinking in population these days (on tv and stage), lol.

Btw, I love the person in Big Bird. They move with such... "style" (lack of a better word @ the moment lol.)

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Dr. Tooth. Once again, SSL and DOI tour almost YEAR ROUND! Not just vacation weeks...

SSLFan

Reaction score
Just checked the SSL website. Now it seems the show's title has been changed to Elmo's SUPER Heroes. :laugh:

Wonder what :super: thinks of all this? Considering it was HIS show, Lol.