Elmo, Ready for Action! and his Overdominance

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I was saying that first year they introduced her... I mean, they made SUCH a BIG deal out of her, she had all this publicity, and they were making her out to be the brand-spankin' new addition to the Sesame family that year, and then she only appeared in THREE episodes!
Monday Morning Quarterbacking, I think they wanted to give her a smooth transition into the show. And a smaller 3 episodes out of 26 seemed like a way for the character to not come on too strong and be imposed. Of course, the next year, she was in virtually every episode, be it songs, skits, or the closing sponsers. It didn't really seem that strong, and that imposed... but the way the marketting and publicity departments are handelling the character speaks different.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I mean, l like Abby as a character, but this much merchandising this soon is a bit OTT for me. The other female characters have endured because they are not stereotypes.From a marketing perspective, Abby is a good idea, but i would give it a few years first. Not that i advocate a character as a revenue raiser, but she is a very good way to get income for the workshop, seeing as they are a non profit organisination.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
This just furthers my mom's suspicion that Kevin Clash is a bit on the egotistical side.

Ive always thought that.

I love ALL Jim Henson charactors, BUT Elmo. My friends think its funny.

Sittin there watchin sesame street, Elmos world comes on
"Oh GOSH! TURN IT OFF NOW!"

"I thought you liked muppets?"

"TURN IT OFF!"

Anyone else do this?