1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Miss Piggy

77 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Fozzie Bear

146 vote(s)
    47.7%

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah it would have expired, unfortunately. I wanted a fozzie, and a rizzo!
    MuppetCaper likes this.
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Walter's a huge Muppet collector. It occurred to me last night, while half asleep, that it'd be downright creepy if he had any of the replicas.
  3. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Don't we all??? I wouldn't know how to act if I got another Muppet!

I have them in my bedroom and I STILL admire my Muppets. Nothin creepy about them but pure masterpieces. But I want MORE MUPPETS!!!!!!
  4. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

I agree! I would LOVE to add more Muppet replicas to my 3 of Kermit, Gonz and Animal!!! I don't really care which could be made 1st as long as it's a MUPPET!

Here are mine!

[​IMG]
    Frogpuppeteer and muppetperson like this.
  5. Chalback

Chalback New Member

Any word from eFX is they are going to continue the line or if anyone els will pick up the license>?
  6. Walter

Walter Active Member

Lol, that would make a great follow up short!
    Walter: and heres my room..
    Kermit: Wow, you sure have quite the collection!
    -MR kermit falls out of closet-
    Kermit:Um..What's this..?
    Walter: Nothing! Nothing!! It's not like Gonzo, Animal and Fozzie are in there as well!!!
  7. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

Well, they could always catch the Muppets DVD/Blu-Ray release date which should be at least 3-4 months away. But that probably is not going to happen if they don't have a license anymore.
  8. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

A company needs at least a minimal of 12-18 months to get any product from concept to retail. It is not going to happen.
    Lynn
    frogboy4 likes this.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disney and EFX require a particular level of quality that isn't achievable at an acceptable price point. Any one of these posers would cost $550 - $1000 and there just isn't enough retail or consumer interest for the gamble. Not even as a limited edition piece. However, if these were made as puppets there most certainly would be enough interest. Disney will never agree to that, of course, and that's a good call. Perfectly understandable.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for this product. It's just not now or in the foreseeable future and not likely from EFX. The case kind of seems closed on this from all parties involved. I'm looking forward to seeing the other types of products companies will produce.
  10. MustSeeHDTV

MustSeeHDTV New Member

I never said it would happen. But since they still have a prototype, it would still probably less then 12-18months you projected as the would not be at the concept stage. Even if they decided today, they still would not make it by DVD/Blu-ray time anyways, which like you said is not going to happen.
  11. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Lynn is correct.The eFX Muppet line will NOT be happening, sadly.
    This thread needs to be unstickied so it gradly makes it's way away from current attention.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

hmmm.. so price point is the issue...how about smaller model or action figure size replicas.... real fur...poseable... I bet those would sell...and it would be a way of getting toys that aren't the same as Palisades because I know if new action figures came out it would be hard to buy any because palisades did their series so well... but mini replicas would definately interest me and would hopefully not cost $500 a piece...
  13. MuppetCaper

No, It's not just price point that is the issue....it is also finding a factory that is willing to make these. Bryan has had a lot of troubles finding a factory in asia to make these. If they where made here in the US. The price point would be really high. So maybe...just say JUST maybe someday we will get to see these again. But for the meantime, they are just a wish that just didn't happen.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You're right. No factory in existence has been able to adequately provide both price and quality as relates to Disney's and EFX's high standards. Maybe in the future, but probably not from EFX and not for a very long time.
  15. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

Sad sad, but i did already guessed that we will not see any replica from EFX.

I wonder how Master Replicas was able to do em.
    I can see these replicas are kinda hard to sell, just because of the price.
    I kinda got lucky because i got Gonzo and animal kinda cheap and Kermit at 3 times of what animal or Gonzo did cost.
    I would love to add more Photopuppets but i cant see me spending 500-1000$ plus shipping and import dutys on one.

Gozo is still very common and cheap even here, while you dont see any Animal or Kermit.

So i wont complain any more about not getting more posers im kinda fully pleased with the 3 i got plus the awesome Palisades Figs.

I think Muppet Fans had some very nice oportunitys to aquire some outstanding Muppet products the last years.

Even if the two companys dont exist anymore i will always thank them that they made thease awesome products for us !
    TikiColadas likes this.
  16. MuppetCaper

eFX is still going strong as a company. There main focus is Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and other sci-fi movies. I got a Star Wars Luke Reveal limited edition coming soon from them and cannot wait!
  17. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

And Master Replicas is still around as Factory Entertainment.
  18. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

i'm just curious i just got my animal today and his hair is either sticking straight up or straight back how do i get his hair to relax like the one in your picture?
  19. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I used a water spray and gently wet the feathers, which worked fine. I've also used a hat before too, to hold the down for a couple of days which also works well. It's scary when you first unpackage him eh :)
  20. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

it is scare i thought it was just me lol