eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I just recieved a newsletter from efx and got excited that there was some news, however there is NO Mention at all about the Muppets!

This is getting really annoying!

Chris
And that makes me believe that there will be no news at Comic-Con about them either.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks!
Well, here's my thought process...

They've already made all their big announcements about "Star Wars" replicas. That is their biggest license and customer base. What value is there in waiting to announce something about the Muppets at Comic-Con when only a small portion of their customer base will even be there? It doesn't make sense to me that they're holding back information for two weeks.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Well, here's my thought process...

They've already made all their big announcements about "Star Wars" replicas. That is their biggest license and customer base. What value is there in waiting to announce something about the Muppets at Comic-Con when only a small portion of their customer base will even be there? It doesn't make sense to me that they're holding back information for two weeks.

I see your logic, BUT,there is also another way of looking at it...
maybe as the Muppets arent a big sales base, there is no urgency in making an announcement till Comic Con.Also, if they announce everything at once, then they wont have anything special up their sleeves to announce for Comic Con!
AND, if they dont announce any Muppet dates, it will be going against Disney's wishes and eFX will be jeapodising their Muppet licence.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I see your logic, BUT,there is also another way of looking at it...
maybe as the Muppets arent a big sales base, there is no urgency in making an announcement till Comic Con.Also, if they announce everything at once, then they wont have anything special up their sleeves to announce for Comic Con!
AND, if they dont announce any Muppet dates, it will be going against Disney's wishes and eFX will be jeapodising their Muppet licence.
I don't know where they would make this grand announcement. It's anti-climactic to just put up a sign in their booth (that they're sharing with two other companies) and even if eFX is doing a panel (which I'll be surprised to find out they are), their big draw is still "Star Wars." It doesn't make any sense to make a big Muppet announcement at a Star Wars panel.

In any case, all this is speculation and as you said, we'll find out soon enough.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am starting to believe WOE here and I am not being a negative person here. I just notice that the Disney stuff is not selling that well on there site. If this stuff is not selling well, I can only imagine what the Muppets wold sell like. This is the ugly truth even though we all really want these to be a success. If it happens, it happens.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Since Palisades, Muppets have always been a big hit with everybody at the cons. Something to look for. I'm not saying that EFX is saving some special announcement or shelving the project either, but Comic Con certainly would give the Muppets a better launch than some newsletter. It's actually the best place to voice the news and generate buzz. No, it isn't the fan base and that's part of the point. :wink:

I have all three posers in the toy shop that I manage and they do draw a crowd to our store and make for some repeat customers that aren't necessarily fans. It lends promotion to everything we have. I just don’t understand how EFX works internally. It just doesn’t seem too terribly focused. I just don't know anymore.

Maybe it's time for Disney to focus on other Muppet items like limited edition figural ceramic scenes or stylized Medicom vinyls. It's much easier to find a customer base with that and they've already cornered some of the comics crowd.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Not really anything interesting, however I have had my order for Rizzo on Play.com for several months. The release date changes weekly (no change there), however today something different came to my inbox...

"Thank you for your recent Play.com order for The Muppet Show: 18" Rizzo The Rat

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 16-Jul-2010. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

Play.com"

Now this is a first. Maybe just maybe Rizzo is moving forward. That said, I'm not gonna get excited just yet!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I can second this, I had the same email today too, is a bit odd that this time we got an email, and it says that the Manufacturer has informed them!

But, 16th July, I dont think so, thats next week!

Why cant efx inform all of us though!

What is going on with this company!

Very poor customer relations!

Chris

Not really anything interesting, however I have had my order for Rizzo on Play.com for several months. The release date changes weekly (no change there), however today something different came to my inbox...

"Thank you for your recent Play.com order for The Muppet Show: 18" Rizzo The Rat

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 16-Jul-2010. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

Play.com"

Now this is a first. Maybe just maybe Rizzo is moving forward. That said, I'm not gonna get excited just yet!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Well....I was right about one thing from a previous newsletter. It was the mold from the original Darth Vader helmet!