Early 80's puppet video?

Yorick

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here remembers this video. I don't know the title, but it was made in the early 80's and in the first skit it had a baby hippo, and I think her name was "baby big mouth" and she sang a song while sitting on top of blocks. As she sang her crazy song, the blocks all fell, and my friends and I laughed so hard, the same as when we saw "Toonces, the cat who could drive a car".

Anyway, I was wondering if the hippo thing rings any bells. I don't know if a former Muppet person went on to make this special, but I doubt it. In any case it was not a Jim Henson production, but it was clearly influenced by the things the Henson team did. After all, tons of entertainment is, even shows not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence (which is most, I feel)! Thank you for reading, everyone!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The hippo actually does ring a bell. But I can't make out what it is exactly, either.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I tried googling for anything hippo in the 80s and all I could find was something about a Hugo Hippo animated film, and that's obviously not what you meant. Sorry :/

Yorick

Reaction score
Hippo

I think the song the hippo sang would list words that start with b. This just came to mind today. And another skit later had two or more people in a room with a big computer, and the new worker couldn't operate it right.

And I think it's from FHE (Family Home Entertainment) and that they had previews of other specials, one which was a cartoon about a seal. But I tried to look it up that way and found nothing, so I could be wrong. And I really think this is where my memory/knowledge of the subject ends - I won't be suddenly remembering it all tomorrow. :smile:

Ilikemuppets remembering it a little bit and bazooka_beak researching it is very much appreciated - I thank you both for the replies!