1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Earl Kress - In Memoriam of an MC Family Member

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Sep 19, 2011.

1. BornToWemble

BornToWemble Member

That's so sad. Just reading about him in this thread and his obituary he seems like he was a great guy. R.I.P
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

That was a wonderful story. It really shows what a truly wonderful person Earl Kress was. It's great that you got to know him on a personal level. What a great guy.

One thing though, you have to re-upload the Muley/Kermit video, YT removed it for being too long.
  4. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I'm sorry I'm so late in responding; I was absolutely shocked when I heard this. Earl told great stories that couldn't possibly have been made up and was a genuine warm-hearted person. Am I correct in assuming that Earl is the third MC member to have passed away (after Disneys Muppets and Rosewood)?
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

aw no :cry: R.I.P "was once ernie" :(
  6. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Only just found this thread. I mostly remember earl for the info he used to post on the replica threads......and his frustrations by some of the comments.

Rest in peace earl.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Thanks for letting me know. YT stinks sometimes.
    Trying to update it now; check back in a few days.
  8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Oh my God. I am utterly and completely stunned right now. Kevin, oh my Lord, what, what happened to Earl? I didn't even know he was ill! We hadn't actually spoken or e-mail messaged in nearly a year (almost met up at Disneyland again last year, but sadly, didn't get to), but I was definitely going to visit him next year when a huge family group of mine are going to Disneyland together; I was going to ask him to give us "his" tour of the park. He's one of the few people I knew that loved that place as much as I do! :(

Really? Is this real?? I can't believe this thread, and that I'm talking about Earl in the past tense!! This is so incredibly sad. I'm going to have to go through my pictures and see if I can find a group shot we took at the park, Kevin, do you have one with me and Earl and you together? I really just can't, oh gosh. This sucks. I don't post much anywhere anymore, but I remember posting not too long ago, and asking Earl for some info I think, hadn't seen him post for a while, but wasn't worried - that guy was always so busy!

So, so sad. Having suffered a great family loss on the second day of this year (still suffering, always will be), my heart truly, truly goes out to Earl's family. God bless that most wonderful man. Love you Earl. :sympathy:
  9. Fozzie Bear

Hi, Anthony,
    Yeah, I was as shocked when my buddy Steve told me about what had happened. Thank god for good memories and having had the chance to know him!! I don't know if there's a picture of any together other than the one in front of MuppetVision 3D.

In the meantime, the video Earl and I did for practice and fun is finally online--go back to this link and scroll down to the video image and click on that picture:
    http://muleycomix.blogspot.com/2011/09/earl-kress-memoriam.html
  10. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I was also one of those who didn't really know him, though I do remember seeing him around here quite a bit. It's always sad to lose an MC member, especially someone who was such a great talent, a great person, and a friend to many. RIP, and deepest sympathy to Earl's friends and family.
    :sympathy:
  11. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

I, like others, didn’t really interact with Was Once Ernie but I thoroughly enjoyed him sharing his “behind the scenes” memories of “The Muppet Movie.” There is a theory that the most interesting and perhaps most truthful version of history is written by those neither entirely inside or outside an event but by those on the perimeter or the margin. While I doubt that this theory is watertight it is one I have a good deal of time for and Was Once Ernie’s recollections are fine example of it, but they are also a fascinating insight into how one of the most visually striking, memorable and touching Muppet scenes was filmed. I’m very sorry to hear that Earl is no longer with us and my best to his loved ones.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Denise Kress posted this today, and is just a wonderful honor for such a wonderful man!

13. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That's absolutely fantastic! I only wish they were still here with us to receive such honors, though of course I know that Earl is 100% at peace, just waiting for the happy day when he is joined by all his loved ones and friends.
    Fozzie Bear likes this.
  14. Fozzie Bear

It's awesome that they recieved this honor. He'd have been excited this close to a Muppet Movie to also get an award! :)
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I feel bad hearing this... Sadly I only joined after this happened. R.I.P.
    I was just wondering.... how did you know he passed away?
  16. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I remember Earl sharing some wisdom with me when he was working on his past cartoons with Hanna/Barbera and Sunbow. May you Rest in Peace, Earl. I'm glad we got to know each other. God Bless you. -_-;;
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

For some reason I don't remember him at all, but it sounds like he had a pretty amazing life within the creative industry and was able to inspire people here. It's always extremely surreal when a real life person we see online passes away.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

He sounds like such a great guy.
    Too bad I joined the forum after this happened, I didn't get the chance to know him...
  19. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I was away from the forum for a while and just started being active again in November or so. I just now caught this post. How sad. I remember reading his many posts years agao but always loved his story where he explained why he used the name he used around here. What a nice guy and what a shame.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  20. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

What??!? I didn't know he died! I didn't really know him at all, in fact, but I remember seeing him on the forum when I was just a kid and didn't have my own account. I thought so highly of everyone who posted on here, and I remember seeing him and his story and thinking, "Wow! He got to perform Ernie in the Muppet Movie! He must be really special!"
    I miss you, Was Once Ernie. <3

BTW, have there been any other forum members here that have died?