1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Does anyone have the Muppet Babies Colorforms?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Dearth, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hi,

I bought a set of Muppet Babies Happy Meal toys and they were promptly commandeered by my wife.

Her birthday is coming up, and I was hoping to surprise her with a little diorama so she can display them better.

Does anyone have the Muppet Babies Colorforms set? I'd love to get a good scan of the nursery artwork used as the backdrop for that item.

Thanks!
    Dearth
  2. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

By Colorform do you mean the color of the actual characters?
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

PM sent.
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Colorforms is a brand name of cut out figures that you can stick onto different backgrounds or it could be a single background that you can change the setting.
  5. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Thanks for the PM, I just sent a reply.

I've been doing some more research into the Muppet Babies Colorforms... there were two similar sets done a couple of years apart.

The quick way to tell them apart is if the set includes vinyl pieces for Scooter and Skeeter. They were added for the 1989 issue, but were not part of the 1985 original.

I actually prefer the backdrop artwork in the second (1989) version. If anyone has that set and doesn't mind scanning it, I could go ahead and print off a background before the rapidly approaching birthday.

Dearth
  6. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I finally got one of these sets, complete, at a price I could live with. It was supposed to be a Christmas present for my wife, but it didn't arrive in time. Postman brought it today.

It's the earlier 1985 version, but now that I've seen it in person, I don't really mind.

So I scanned the backdrop...
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=183346&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=659

Retouched it...
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=183349&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=524

And printed it out as a backdrop for her collection of PVC's and Happy Meal premiums!
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/imagep...p?file=183341&imagewidth=1024&imageheight=702

(Note new flash camera I got for Christmas.)

If you check the dates on this thread, you can tell I've been wanting to make this very scene for a looong time, so this has definitely... ahem... made my dreams come true.

Alex
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  7. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

KermieBaby47 likes this.
  8. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :)
  9. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Very nice! I like that last one especially with Nanny in there.:)
  10. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hey Dearth man, just happened upon this thread... 100% AWESOMENESS!! :D

Just sayin'. ;) I have the second set (I think, memory tells me that mine is different than this one) around here somewhere, if I ever come across it again, I'll letcha know.

Cheers!