Do you like Disney owning the Muppets?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
If they put out these DVD's out thats great i would love a new Muppet Style Show i just love Pe'Pe OKey!!!!!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I would say the DVD's (the various movies) will come out shortly after MWOO premieres.

Emerald

Reaction score
Doctor Teeth said:
Disney grows more corrupt by the minute... I fear for the future of the Muppets...
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but here is what I fear is in store for the Muppets.

Disney has a nasty habbit of releasing its movies on DVD for a while and then pulling them off the shelves for what seems like a decade. So we're all saying, "Hooray for Muppet DVD's! Hooray for Muppet plush toys! Hooray for Muppets on TV!" But what happens if this is sadly temporary? What happens if they indulge us for a few short years (or even months) and then take it all back? What if we're in the stores a few years from now, and there are no "Muppet Movie", "Muppet Treasure Island", or "Muppets Take Manhatten" movies to be seen? Sure it may not happen, but they've done it with their own material in the past. Do we have a guarentee that they won't do it with this stuff now? :sympathy:

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Maybe they'll stagger the releases so there'll be something else released when they're ready to put the other stuff back in the vault.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Well sweetie there only two words i can tell uBuy Now!!!When ever they release something buy it that day dont wait around for later.The best thing about this place is that we all work together and keep each other informed on new happenings.I also like that because it gives me time in ADVANCE to save up money.Also but extras if u need u never know when something disastrous could happen to your collectibles.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Emerald said:
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but here is what I fear is in store for the Muppets.

Disney has a nasty habbit of releasing its movies on DVD for a while and then pulling them off the shelves for what seems like a decade. So we're all saying, "Hooray for Muppet DVD's! Hooray for Muppet plush toys! Hooray for Muppets on TV!" But what happens if this is sadly temporary? What happens if they indulge us for a few short years (or even months) and then take it all back? What if we're in the stores a few years from now, and there are no "Muppet Movie", "Muppet Treasure Island", or "Muppets Take Manhatten" movies to be seen? Sure it may not happen, but they've done it with their own material in the past. Do we have a guarentee that they won't do it with this stuff now? :sympathy:
Except for the fact that Disney has always had an ownership stake in "MCC" and "MTI" and those films have always been readily available since their respective releases. :wink: The moratorium is usually just reserved for the animated films and occassionally films like "Mary Poppins." :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Disney bought The Muppets and "Bear in the Big Blue House".

What's next? Warner Bros. buys "Sesame Street"? Universal buys "Fraggle Rock"? :smirk: :stick_out_tongue:

T

timrikthegorf

Well Bear in the Big Blue house was pretty much a Disney production anyway. It was aired on Disney and they paid for it.

I actually would like it if Disney bought Fraggle Rock. The JHC has done nothing with the license. Sure, there are some DVDs now, but nothing much else out therre. At least Disney would do something with them and try to incoporate the characters into the park.

McFraggle

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I actually would like it if Disney bought Fraggle Rock. The JHC has done nothing with the license. Sure, there are some DVDs now, but nothing much else out therre. At least Disney would do something with them and try to incoporate the characters into the park.
I would like to see that as well. Although the HIT! partnership has done more for the brand than anything in probably a decade. :smile:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Disney bought The Muppets and "Bear in the Big Blue House".

What's next? Warner Bros. buys "Sesame Street"? Universal buys "Fraggle Rock"? :smirk: :stick_out_tongue:
Your retatarded! Frankly I like many am pleased with Disney and the Muppets, I also wish Disney got the Fraggles, Henson will do nother but DVD's Disney would have made them into a huge thing that will never die. Like Mickey, Pooh, now Kermit, and what if Gobo or Red?
It would be very cool!
Ty