1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Do you have a catch phrase?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by mo, Apr 8, 2012.

1. mo

mo Well-Known Member

we all got one mine used to be "rats!"
    now it's "with internet this fast who can say no!"
  2. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

"Hi I'm in Delaware" *lol* It's from Wayne's World. But can relate to me. :p
    bandit, mo, Beakerfan and 1 other person like this.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I have a few.

One is, "O-oh!" when people say things that 'shock' me. Another is, "What's that now?" when people tell me something that frankly I don't need to hear (usually over shares about boyfriends). I suppose another similar phrase is "I beg your PARDON?"

Sometimes I refer to myself by my last name, as in, "Drapper does NOT approve!"

Another linguistic stylistic flair that I use is always Full-Naming people. Ben is "Benjamin", Matt is "Matthew!" and if I know their middle/last names, I often get those involved as well.
    Muppet fan 123 and mo like this.
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I tend to call people by their first and last name as well, because a lot of my friends have very short names like Dave, Greg, or Rich, so adding their last names adds the "stylistic flair" that Beau mentioned.

I also like using the word "really" to indicate disgust, as in "You went to dinner without me! Really!"
    mo likes this.
  5. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

When someone is like "I just got stiffed" or "I tripped while reading", I say "Rut row" or "FAIL". And I don't swear, and I refrain from slang. I say "cheese" randomly, too. Ahaha...
    mo likes this.
  6. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

I have a few:
    -"Wait, what?"
    -"Cheese and crackers!" (in exasperation)
    -"Kiss, pookie." (when I see an attractive guy or gal ;) on TV)
    - several that can't be said here (yeah, I'm a potty mouth. :o)
    mo likes this.
  7. mo

mo Well-Known Member

all those catch phrases are awesome!
  8. muppetspot2

muppetspot2 Active Member

i have 1 nematodes !!!!!!!!
    mo likes this.
  9. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I have some.
    • OMGONZO
    • That's nice...
    • Oh Cheese nips
    • WT to the H, man?
    • That's what she said
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I say cheezitz
  11. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Catch phrase?

"Hey, i've been caught!"
    Muppet fan 123 and mo like this.
  12. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

My writing catchphrase is "It was a dark and stormy night" and any variation I can get away with.
    newsmanfan and mo like this.
  13. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I have a few:

1. When someone calls me Ms. muppet or some variation I go: "It's Miss Piggy, get it right."

2. "Come at me chica/muchacha"

3. "SCIENCE!" (like in the song She Blinded Me With Science by Thomas Dolby"
    bandit, Fersureitsjess and mo like this.
  14. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

DramaQueenMokey and mo like this.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

"I gotta pee."

I said it before Scott Pilgrim made it...er...cool?
    But really though its a bad habit I have of announcing when I gotta go
    bandit, miss kermie and mo like this.
  16. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

If I'm feeling antsy, I've been known to chant, "I can't. I can't. I can't sit still!"
    mo likes this.
  17. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Fricken, and Dangnabit. Crud is creeping up there but those are the big 3 and of course. The big one on here is LOVE EVERYBODY!

Daniel
    mo likes this.
  18. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Okay, real answer:

I often tend to say very Kermit-like "Oh good"

Aside from that and other odd Muppet quotes, a lot of my catchphrases tend to be fave lines from my fave obscure songs:

"Prima amore - WOW!" (Eurythmics, Wide Eyed Girl)
    "Swelligant" (Debbie Harry/Iggy Pop, Well Did Ya Evah?)
    ...and whenever i hear a Shakespears Sister song pop up somewhere unexpected, i always shout/sing out "IT'S SHAKESPEARS SISTER - YEAH-HAH!" the same way Joniece Jamison adlibs during the fade of Dirty Mind

...and i'll sometimes refer to a group of plastic trendy girls as "a pack of blonds" (courtesy Julie Brown)

I'll sometimes greet someone (especially if i know they're a Twin Peaks fan) with "On top of the morning to you"

and i never swear in standard four letter words (too much a gentleman) so i instead use Farscape curses or "Oh, Ju-dy Ten-U-da!" (one day i just randomly thought how great sounding a swear phrase that sounded like and it since stuck)

...again from my Obsessed Muppet Freak side, when something confuses me, i tend to mutter "Chicken soup? What is this? I don't get it!"
    mo likes this.
  19. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

I yell the phrase: foos do rah! At the top of my lungs.
    mo likes this.
  20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    I still love "Firefly"s language: "Shiny." One of these days I'll learn all that Chinese cussing, too...

One left over from the '80s, to express disbelief, confusion, or general stupidity: "Geh gabba du probba, offasuh?"

And the one I probably overuse the most: "...Yeeeeah." :rolleyes:

Although lately I've adopted a bit of Snookie Blyer-speak for fun: "Oh-KAY!" and then quickly move on to some other topic. Something about his snarkiness amuses me no end.
    ------------------
    mo likes this.