Disney's Bear

Reaction score
I dought they will call them that. But Disney did not buy the name Jim Henson. But they bought Jim Henson's Muppets. So they could add there name to that. But I think Disney presents Jim Henson's Muppets.

Luke

Reaction score
You might want to check that. Disney didn't buy "Jim Hensons Muppets", they bought "The Muppets" but they may have had an agreement to use the Jim Henson name, i don't know. The Jim Henson name is completely seperate from any of the other properties and owned and licensed by the Jim Henson Legacy.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Luke said:
You might want to check that. Disney didn't buy "Jim Hensons Muppets", they bought "The Muppets" but they may have had an agreement to use the Jim Henson name, i don't know.
Exactly what I've said. Jim Henson [Company] added its name to "The Muppets" just as it did to "Fraggle Rock," "The Hoobs," and many of its other properties.

Reaction score
Luke said:
You might want to check that. Disney didn't buy "Jim Hensons Muppets", they bought "The Muppets" but they may have had an agreement to use the Jim Henson name, i don't know. The Jim Henson name is completely seperate from any of the other properties and owned and licensed by the Jim Henson Legacy.
You are correct Luke. They bought the Muppets. I got that one wrong :embarrassed:.

But bobhopesite, I talked to someone and they like the idea Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets. Is a good name. Plus if they did call them Disney's Muppets. What about the Fraggle Muppets or the Sesame Street Muppets. They aren't Disney's. But like I said I dought they will call them Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Muppets Holding said:
But bobhopesite, I talked to someone and they like the idea Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets. Is a good name. Plus if they did call them Disney's Muppets. What about the Fraggle Muppets or the Sesame Street Muppets. They aren't Disney's. But like I said I dought they will call them Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets.
"Disney's Jim Henson's Muppets" is just tedious. As for Fraggle Muppets and Sesame Street Muppets, they hardly call them that anymore so I doubt it will be a big deal. There are Muppets: puppets created by The Jim Henson Company. And there are "The Muppets": the brand/property featuring Kermit and Piggy and Fozzie that Disney bought from the Henson Company.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think I had read on this board a few months ago that the Fraggle Muppets, et al. would no longer be called that because Disney now owned the copyrights and trademarks for the term "Muppets." So from now on they would just be called the Fraggles.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Another thought. . .

As much as I don't want it, I think its definate that they will call them Disney's Muppets. I cite Disney's doug as my example. Its meant to distinguish them from the version before.