Disney Princesses

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Okay, so here's a question. Which of the following gals do you think should be a Disney Princess?
  • Jane Porter (Tarzan)
  • Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  • Megara (Hercules)
  • Kida (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
P.S. Am I the only one who remembers a deaf mermaid girl named Gabriella?
I wanna see Esmeralda and Meg as a princess :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, so here's a question. Which of the following gals do you think should be a Disney Princess?
  • Jane Porter (Tarzan)
  • Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  • Megara (Hercules)
  • Kida (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
P.S. Am I the only one who remembers a deaf mermaid girl named Gabriella?
Actually Kida was technically a Princess. Wasn't she the daughter of the ruler of Atlantis (haven't seen it in forever)? She's every bit as much a Princess as Pocahontas, if that's the case. She's just not added because Disney wants to give the cold shoulder to Atlantis. Honestly, they should have greenlit the TV series. I think the concept would have worked much better as a TV series than a movie.

Me too! And the reason I think Gabriella stood out to me is because I thought that she was really unique because she was deaf. I really liked that not every Disney character was perfect. In addition, she was one of Disney's few Latina characters…I kind of hope that they make Angelina or Inma from Giants a Latina. An accurate one this time (I'm looking at you, Honey Lemon), just so people will stop complaining about how there's like 10 white princesses. Although I have heard that they're making an actual Hispanic princess named Princess Elena. But she'll be on Disney Junior in a Sofia the First spinoff…but, the good news is, she's at least 16, so she's definitely a possible contender for the lineup!
Disney Princesses are white because Disney uses the European versions of fairy tales. In other words, they have white princesses because the stories they're from are white. I give them credit for trying to branch out to other sources of Princesses. Aladdin is technically a European story, but it takes place out of Europe in a romanticized Middle East. That's why they also used historical and legendary characters with Pocahontas and Mulan, respectively. I get what they tried with Princess and the Frog, but if they want a more diverse line of Princesses, they're going to need to dig deeper for fairy tales or, better yet, make their own up.

Last edited:

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Kida was a princess,Disney just don't count her to the official ones.But technically,she is a queen(I think!)Wait,does she marry Milo?I can't remember...

Harleena

Reaction score
Disney Princesses are white because Disney uses the European versions of fairy tales. In other words, they have white princesses because the stories they're from are white. I give them credit for trying to branch out to other sources of Princesses. Aladdin is technically a European story, but it takes place out of Europe in a romanticized Middle East. That's why they also used historical and legendary characters with Pocahontas and Mulan, respectively. I get what they tried with Princess and the Frog, but if they want a more diverse line of Princesses, they're going to need to dig deeper for fairy tales or, better yet, make their own up.
Agreed. I'm just so sick of seeing all the complaints, like, "We need another black princess!" "We need a Hispanic princess!" "We need a fat princess!" "We need a lesbian princess!" "We need an Indian (not Native American but actual Indian) princess!" "We need a princess with cancer!" SERIOUSLY? If she lives, then everyone gets false hope that they'll survive when it's very possible that they might die. If she dies, then everyone is super sad. I personally want to see either a Disney movie taking place in Switzerland, or another Asian princess, because Asia is huge, so Mulan doesn't really cover it. A movie taking place in historical Japan could be interesting.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm just so sick of seeing all the complaints, like, "We need another black princess!" "We need a Hispanic princess!" "We need a fat princess!" "We need a lesbian princess!" "We need an Indian (not Native American but actual Indian) princess!" "We need a princess with cancer!" SERIOUSLY? If she lives, then everyone gets false hope that they'll survive when it's very possible that they might die. If she dies, then everyone is super sad. I personally want to see either a Disney movie taking place in Switzerland, or another Asian princess, because Asia is huge, so Mulan doesn't really cover it. A movie taking place in historical Japan could be interesting.
I don't want a fat or lesbian princess...And I don't want a princess that can rap and don't sing!!

Harleena

Reaction score
I don't want a fat or lesbian princess...And I don't want a princess that can rap and don't sing!!
I think a lesbian princess would only be okay once same-sex relationships become normal. But a fat princess would be out of place. I'd personally prefer a princess with an athletic body type (kind of like Nani from Lilo and Stitch), because then she wouldn't be like a stick figure, but she also wouldn't be a blimp…

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I think a lesbian princess would only be okay once same-sex relationships become normal. But a fat princess would be out of place. I'd personally prefer a princess with an athletic body type (kind of like Nani from Lilo and Stitch), because then she wouldn't be like a stick figure, but she also wouldn't be a blimp…
Yeah like nani!Maybe thin,but like normal people thin...