Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Hey Guys I don't want to bring anyone down or turn peoples thinking about this movie, but I thought of something and want to ask you all about it. What if they where not going to use the creative team that really help bring the Muppets to life? I'm saying what if they are bringing in mostly outsiders to the movie, and tell the Muppeters, writers and the creative team We don't need you on this movie!
I mean don't get me wrong the idea for the movie does sound good, but how is it going to be when Kermit is really not acting like what we people think he should. I mean some fans are already having problems with Kermit being to "hyper" now, whats going to happen if they totaly mess up his personality? I'm just saying what if?
To be honest I wouldn't mind if they found some one better to do Kermit for the movie, steve should play his characters and give them his all at them.
I know I get allot of Flack for what I have to say and don't take me wrong Steves not bad at all he's just not Kermit in my eyes and I know I'm not the only person who has a hard time looking at Kermit at the moment as the same character I grew up with.
I also have a friend who wants to be the person behind Kermit and sounds and acts so much like him it scares me!
And They really need to push to have Frank Oz come back for this film to make it really great!

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Frank Oz - yes, He was the muppets and could get them all in line via bullwhips and such...

beaker

Reaction score
Sorry, have to say I think Kermit is perfect. The team of Whitmire, Goelz, Baretta, Jacobson, etc to me is perfect. I see no possibility of Disney or Stoller/Segal changing this dynamic.

I agree with uppity. Too much is riding on this rennaissance of the Muppets for it to merely be a film, some dvds and back into shelved obscurity.

I think heads at Disney are finally *getting* that the Muppets need to come back as a fully relaunched franchise.

And with JHC focusing on bringing back the Fraggles and the new HA! brand...Sesame Workshop with Sesame Street, the Jim Henson vision and Muppet universe is coming back in a big way.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
beaker said:
Sorry, have to say I think Kermit is perfect. The team of Whitmire, Goelz, Baretta, Jacobson, etc to me is perfect. I see no possibility of Disney or Stoller/Segal changing this dynamic.
Completely and totally agree. I don't want to see this group broken up, nor do I see a reason for it to be.

beaker said:
I think heads at Disney are finally *getting* that the Muppets need to come back as a fully relaunched franchise.

And with JHC focusing on bringing back the Fraggles and the new HA! brand...Sesame Workshop with Sesame Street, the Jim Henson vision and Muppet universe is coming back in a big way.
Yes, yes, yes. I'm very excited, and I expect, and am very prepared for big things from this.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I agree with Prawnie and Beaker, most definitely. Why would you want to change up who we've got? The performers are fantastic. So what if you know someone who can do a Kermit voice closer than Steve can. Can they do the personality? Connect with the other characters? That's a whole other thing entirely. Steve is awesome, 100% I don't care what anyone says.

To whoever suggested bringing Frank Oz back, I disagree with that too. Why want someone who obviously wants nothing to do with the muppets? That's fine, he put in his time, he wants to leave it be, he has the right to do so. New enthusiastic people, and the veteran dedicated hard workers is what this film needs, and it seems like what it will be getting, and for that I am pleased.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To whoever suggested bringing Frank Oz back, I disagree with that too. Why want someone who obviously wants nothing to do with the muppets?
Well yeah if he didn't want to, it wouldn't be an option. But he'd still be my first and probably only choice. That's not to be critical of anyone else, just saying what I would like to see.

I'm sure they could get other people who are eager and talented though and that would be great too. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well yeah if he didn't want to, it wouldn't be an option.
Well, considering that he's had nothing to do with the muppets since about 2002, and he gets really annoyed with muppet questions in interviews, I don't think he's an option.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, considering that he's had nothing to do with the muppets since about 2002, and he gets really annoyed with muppet questions in interviews, I don't think he's an option.
Right I do agree. Obviously, someone else would have to do the characters, and that's fine. But I'd still prefer him, whatever his attitude, he'd still be the best in my opinion. :smile:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Frank didn't want anything to do with it because as obvious the muppet crap they were doing was a piece of crap - give him some credit as a true artist!

Status
Not open for further replies.