Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You gotta love how negative everyone reacted to Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm at the beginning of this thread, but now we're all excited for this new movie.

Isn't time a funny thing? :big_grin:

I was always happy about this and here's why.

Suffice to say, George Lucas isn't the young, vibrant, energetic, willing to compromise young director he was back in 77. It has indeed been proven that even then he had some pretty stupid ideas back then as well. The fact of the matter is, as much as we would have loved characterizing Lucas as being in his own little world and coming off hugely defensive when criticized, the fact of the matter is that he was finally willing to step down and let someone else have the series showed some great self awareness and maturity. But not only did he sell the franchise to no longer have it be his burden, he sold it to make money to give to charity. Yeah. Since the sale he's been taking up several charitable causes. he even mentioned building some low income housing in the rich part of California! All to the disapproval of his neighbors. WOW! Freed from the burden of a franchise people love to whine about being ruined, he seems to have taken up a far nobler cause.

And on Diseny's end, while they certainly don't need any more outlets for entertainment money making, they want to make this investment pay the heck off. They know what ticked the fanbase off under Lucas, and it's to the extent of treating the prequels with the same respect most fans have (none). We also have to remember that this is like the Muppet sale as the property was sold to them willingly (Disney was the one that was approached both times) and not a hostile buyout. Disney has had a great relationship with Lucas in the past, so that only made sense it went to them. Love how he completely bypassed Fox for it. But because Disney spent all that money, they're going to want that to be the drop in the bucket that multiplies tenfold. At least tenfold. So they're being as careful as they can to make sure the fanbase knows that this is going to be different. If not, then it's a huge loss of money potentially.

Moving on from that, the trailer for season 2 of Rebels popped up.

Fan freaking tastic. If anything proves that the franchise is in good hands, it's this show. I really like what I saw of Clone Wars and all, but Rebels stepped up huge.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
You gotta love how negative everyone reacted to Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm at the beginning of this thread, but now we're all excited for this new movie.

Isn't time a funny thing? :big_grin:
I love Disney, I love what they are doing with Marvel, The Muppets, Pixar, Disney Toon Studio and now Star Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that Marvel movies they own the rights to have been hitting it out of the park while the other companies that have their own Marvel film rights are struggling? Well, not so much Fox and X-Men, and I look forward to Deadpool... but certainly Spider-Man and Sony. And now they have a partnership with Disney for those films.

Disney's been very good with Star Wars so far. I'm sure there are stragglers that will refuse to think anything other than the original trilogy (unedited, that is) is automatically garbage, but so far it looks these new batches of Star Wars films will be more fan pleasing and less completely in his own little world that George Lucas was in. I'd say him selling it to Disney was mutually beneficial.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that Marvel movies they own the rights to have been hitting it out of the park while the other companies that have their own Marvel film rights are struggling? Well, not so much Fox and X-Men, and I look forward to Deadpool... but certainly Spider-Man and Sony. And now they have a partnership with Disney for those films.

Disney's been very good with Star Wars so far. I'm sure there are stragglers that will refuse to think anything other than the original trilogy (unedited, that is) is automatically garbage, but so far it looks these new batches of Star Wars films will be more fan pleasing and less completely in his own little world that George Lucas was in. I'd say him selling it to Disney was mutually beneficial.
X Men's latest Movie Days Of Future Past was a really fun movie I bought the DVD from Amazon, that was before I bought my Blu-Ray Player. And the new one they are making looks cool with the Ancient Egypt story line so there I agree with you, as long as Singer Directs, And I loved the Time Travel stuff It was so out there It actually worked .....

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score

I got goosebumps and teared up and cried when I saw this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Last edited:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
there is a rumor that there will be a post Credits scene at the end of TFA It will be a trailer for Star Wars Rogue One! I think this would be a great idea as I love Post Credits scenes and Marvel which is a Disney Owned Company does things like this all the time so it would be an Homage to Marvel, kind of like every film since Star Wars in 1977 now does credits at the end of films instead of the beginning. so star wars was a trend setter back then now marvel can be a trend setter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say I'm concerned that most Non-Force Awakens merchandise has been shooed out of stores so soon, especially Rebels merchandising (the show didn't start the second season yet). And the fact the merchandise came out a good 3 months before the movie hits theaters to boot. Especially since some of it's kinda freaking spoilery. The latest Lego Club magazine (I grabbed one last weekend at a Lego Store) has a pull out Force Awakens mini-magazine...that lists almost all the characters and gives a spoilery description of who they are.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I have to say I'm concerned that most Non-Force Awakens merchandise has been shooed out of stores so soon, especially Rebels merchandising (the show didn't start the second season yet). And the fact the merchandise came out a good 3 months before the movie hits theaters to boot. Especially since some of it's kinda freaking spoilery. The latest Lego Club magazine (I grabbed one last weekend at a Lego Store) has a pull out Force Awakens mini-magazine...that lists almost all the characters and gives a spoilery description of who they are.
some one I talk to on the force.net message boards who went to Wallmart the day of force Friday to find mostly empty shelves asked some one at wallmart when they would restock the shelves with star wars stuff and the guy said, "Not any time soon" My guess is Black Friday after Thanksgiving they will restock and start a second marketing wave....

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's disappointing that the Rebels merch is being pushed to the side before its second season begins. I've noticed some Force Awakens brand merchandising has a couple characters from the show here and there. Hero Mashers has a Zeb and a Kanan in the line up at least. Disney had these nice Star Wars figure sets, one for each of the original trilogy, and they cleared them out to which they disappeared completely. Don't see why these couldn't have stayed on the shelves for just a bit longer before these toys popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.