Did Disney Channel or TNT edit Fraggle Rock?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
One thing that I have always wondered: Were the TNT and Disney Channel airings of Fraggle Rock uncut? Odyssey edited them, I know, but what about the others? Does anybody still remember?

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Disney showed the complete versions of Fraggle Rock, as they were seen on HBO and on home video. TNT never edited anything from the show itself, but the beggining was cut short just as it was on Oddysey. Also the ending was cut short but in a different way from what it was on Oddysey. It ended just before Red jumps in the pool. On Oddysey, it shows the Fraggle 5 standing and singing together, and cuts out a verse of the song, then shows Red jumping in the pool. Hope this helps

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Cool, thanks...BTW, was FR really edited on Odyssey? I only heard it was, I never saw it for myself.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Odyssey edited each 24-minute episode down to around 22-minutes. A little over a minute was shaved off a combination of the opening and closing themes, and the other 30-45 seconds were typically edited out somewhere in the episode itself.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
OK, thanks...I always thought they hacked 2-3 minutes out of the episode itself, like with The Muppet Show...