Deleting threads

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hello,

You know the edit feature at the bottum of each of your posts? When I first came here, it took me a while to figure out how to use it. Yeah, I'm a little slow, but that's another story, LOL. Anyway, it says edit or delete, and I find that infact I am unable to outright delete anything I've written. Usually you are able to work through just about anything, but just now for example, I posted a thread in the wrong topic, and a delete option would have come in handy. There are also some ttimes where something I've written was just so full of mistakes that delleting it would have been the easiest thing to do. Is there some other way around this issue? Is there something I'm over-looking, or does this option simply not exist?

Thanks,
Kate

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only moderators can delete threads or posts. Anyone can edit their own posts though within a certain time frame.

Let us know the thread you want moved or deleted and we'd be happy to take care of the issue for you.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks Philip. I have a thread called 'forum habbits'. I accidently put it in the fanfiction section, but I ment for it to go in 'Friends and Family'. II guess I'm not as awake as I think at 5-00 in the morning. That, or I'm just really good at doing the right thing in the wrong way, LOL!

Thanks,
Kate

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I moved it for you. Thanks for letting us know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey Phillip or Kevin, if it's not too much trouble, could you please delete my "Looking for..." thread in the friends and family section? I don't need it anymore.

Thanks.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to bring this up... But why is it that when you go in to edit your post, it sometimes shows up as a second double-post? Is the fact that there's another post I made after the one I wanted to edit influence what happens?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
D'Snowth--I'll take care of that for you.

Count--Huh? That went over my head! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Kev, lemme see if this explains it better.

Let's say I post Post #1 in this thread...
And then I post Post #2 in the same thread.
But after posting Post #2 I want to edit Post #1.
When I go ahead and do so, clicking on the "Save Changes" button to the changes made to Post #1, it ends up getting posted as Post #3 instead.

So what I'm asking is how to make sure that the changes to Post #1 get made in Post #1 itself, instead of getting posted as Post #3 an all-new post altogether.
Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Kevin or Phillip... Whichever of you could please...
I feel a bit bad for asking this, but if you could please delete the thread in the FanFiction and Fan Arts section I started called "The Counting Castle" I'd appreciate it. Thanks, hope you have a good night.