Defect in Sideshow's Kermit the Frog bust?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
So I just today got Sideshow's Kermit the Frog 25th Anniversary bust. I paid about $120 for it on eBay. I took it out of the box, and immediately noticed the semicircle in the first "P" of the word "Muppets" inscribed on the base is chipped. Now, the photo shown in the eBay page shows no such defect, I think it's just a stock photo, and all the other pictures of the Kermit bust I've found also show no such defect, leaving 1 of 2 possibilities; 1) it is a factory defect and the seller just didn't check the condition, or 2) the seller is responsible for the defect. Either way, it may sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but as a collector of fine collectibles, I know even the slightest damage can exponentially hurt the value of a bust or statue. Also, it was $120 dollars, and that's not chump change to me. Anyway, whether it's a factory defect or the seller's fault, I intend to return it as soon as possible. However, I wanted to come here and see if any fellow Muppet fans have this or other Sideshow Muppet busts, and if they they too found similar defects. Don't know if Sideshow Collectibles takes complaints, but I know companies do recalls if a certain product has a defect. I also tried to contact the seller earlier today, I haven't heard back yet, but he says he does returns.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
No such defect on mine! $120? Wow is that what these are selling for now? Maybe manufacturers defect! Good luck if you return it. Will you look for another?

Chris

Scooterforever

Reaction score
No such defect on mine! $120? Wow is that what these are selling for now? Maybe manufacturers defect! Good luck if you return it. Will you look for another?

Chris
Thanks for the info, Kermieuk. The eBay page for the item says he has another one available, maybe I could just exchange it, but after this it's hard to know if I can trust the quality of what he's selling. I haven't yet heard back from him, but I've learned from my brother's experiences on eBay that the more you paid for something the less willing the seller is to take it back, especially if there's a defect. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into an ugly battle (again, my brother's had a few on eBay), but again it was $120 for a seemingly defective product.