DEAR GLOB! What hath we Wrought?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fetishes are completely normal. There are those where people intentionally hurt others or do something absolutely unforgivably wrong. But for the most part, they're harmless (relatively speaking), and to point out any weirdness is hypocritical because everyone has something.

On that level, yeah... Deviant art lends itself to tickling, fatness, foot stuff.... very questionable furry stuff. And they're on various levels of disturbing and actually well done. Then there's the really weird offshoots. Yeah...the...eh.. Blueberry scene in any version of Willy Wonka? uhhhhh... yeah. That's a thing, an offshoot of the fatness, I guess.

mr3urious

Reaction score
On that level, yeah... Deviant art lends itself to tickling, fatness, foot stuff.... very questionable furry stuff. And they're on various levels of disturbing and actually well done. Then there's the really weird offshoots. Yeah...the...eh.. Blueberry scene in any version of Willy Wonka? uhhhhh... yeah. That's a thing, an offshoot of the fatness, I guess.
And then there are the ones that, despite being safe for work, happen to be far more disturbing, such as piggybacking, statues, and doorknob licking.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That stuff is just...odd. Piggybacking I can sort of see, but the only thing I can think about with doornobs is that it's like some weird substitute for something...

Anyway, crazy stuff on DA doesn't bug me as much as it should (except the guy who kept drawing shirtless Arthur characters with Hershey Kiss Nipples... D'Snowth knows what I'm talking about).

But back to the original concept I posted. I really shouldn't be too surprised Pop Tarts have a wiki if you consider how incredibly specific some of the wikis can get. Franchise based ones (show, literature, movie) are right out. I tend to look at those often, and see various levels of "could need more help" and "handled it perfectly." The things that stick out most as awkward are some of the references sections. As in "this scene is a reference to such and such" since sometimes the references are just coincidental.

But there's stuff like Scary Logos Wiki (logos being scary is usually a YMMV situation, even when there's common ground), Villains wiki (which doesn't seem really know the curve of antagonist vs. villain), and to tie this in to the fetish angle... and You know this isn't a joke... a wiki for every instance of characters getting fat/inflating in cartoons. Found that through crazy rabbit hole stuff. Mainly looking up this weird anime from the early 80's about a little girl with an emotionally crippling mother and sister. And I'm not even talking those terrible fan work wikis which are just lazy templates for bad fan fiction no one bothers to write.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's new, supposedly. I guess it's supposed to cash in off those actually kinda funny but not too funny Impostor Colonel commercials.

To me, this smacks of too much wink and nod. It's supposed to be bad, but not too bad that it ticks off the sponsor, but at the same time trying to recapture what made promotional comics in the old days awful in their sincerity. And from what I read in the preview..ehhh... they don't capture it well. I can buy that Sanders here is the immortal mascot and the whole backstory of a guy just trying to sell pressure cookers but being successful in selling a recipe intended to market the cookers instead is thrown out the window. And, yes, the whole concept of an evil, alternate Sanders that sells terrible chicken (again, throwing out any realistic context about the real person for the sake of mascot), kinda seems funny enough for a tongue in cheek sort of Super Hero cliche riff.

But they use the serious versions of the characters, not some retro Silver Age parody version. That's... that's something that doesn't work right.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the plus side, we're at the three year anniversary of the world not ending.

So that's good, I guess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I think now they're saying the world's going to end in 2035 or something like that.