Dave Goelz interview at The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today The Muppet Mindset has posted part 1 of a 4-part interview with Dave Goelz.

Here is part 1: http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2013/09/interview-with-legendary-muppet.html

It's a great read so far. I hope he talks a bit about The Muppets (the 2011 movie). I think this is only the second big interview (after Matt Vogel last year) with any of the main performers who were in that movie.

Interestingly, at the end of this interview, when talking about his favorite characters who he doesn't perform, he talked about Lips, mentioning that last winter Steve Whitmire had to have Lips say something and came up with an awesome way of saying it. He didn't specifically say what it was for, but we know that Muppets Most Wanted was filmed last winter (at first I thought it began filming just after winter, until I remembered that winter does continue after December), and we don't know of any other Muppet productions it could be (and Lips hasn't been in anything that's come out since 2011).

rexcrk

Reaction score
Very cool read. Dave Goelz is such an amazing person, I love that he's the last member of the "original 5" core group of performers, and I suppose the fact that he performs my favorite character (Gonzo) probably makes me like him even more haha.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ryan has grown so much! I can remember a time when I was needing help with the ask Jim Lewis thread, and he was able to do so. That my friends is where all this got started!

cjd874

Reaction score
One word: LIPS!!!

I also like the story that Dave told about working with Jim on that Gill Brothers song on the Muppet Show. Not to mention that Roy Rogers reminded him of his own father...in a cool way, I would assume. I just wish they could have elaborated more on Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, since he is one of Dave's primary characters.

I can't wait for the next three parts of the interview! I loved reading the MMS interview with Jerry Nelson from 2010, which has a lot more meaning to us Muppet fans since he passed away. So this next installment should be just as awesome.