Dark Crystal soundtrack CD

Chilly Down

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've seen this thread, Scott, so refresh my memory. Did you say this was ONLY available from online vendors? This sounds like the kind of thing that would be SO cool to pick up in the stores, to show my support for it. (Plus it's easier to justify when it's an impulse item than when one has to fill out online forms!) :wink:

scarecroe

Reaction score
You are indeed correct sir, this won't be something you'll find in stores. Perhaps in a few months one or two will turn up in Footlight Records in NYC or some such other type of dealer, but don't look for it in Best Buy or anything like that.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this up again. Is there a definite release date for this? I see it is also available on the Numenorean site. You can find it under "index"

www.numenoreanmusic.com

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Silly me. If I had looked a bit further, I would have seen the release date of 4-15-03. :embarrassed:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Numenorean is the label producing the album. For some time their site was but a memory, but I noticed last week they'd resurrected it from the trenches for their biggest release yet. Albeit with very little coverage so far.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Trekkie.

The release date has indeed been moved to April 29th, but most outlets will be receiving their shipments by the end of the previous week indicating that if you pre-order, you just might be lucky enough to have yours shipped before the weekend preceding the actual street date.

The following outlets are all accepting pre-orders at this time. Links go directly to ordering info for The Dark Crystal. Again, this release will be limited (and numbered) to 5,000 copies.

Screen Archives Entertainment
MovieMusic
BuySoundtrax (containing audio samples)
Intrada
Numenorean Music (the label releasing the disc)

scarecroe

Reaction score
There will be a delay in receipt of product from some vendors as the orders didn't ship right away from the factory, but I wonder if anyone's received their copy yet?

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Well, the delay is over. Movie Music shipped my CD today. So I should have Dark Crstal tunes any day now. Can't wait to hear it on CD.

Chad Kermit

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Scott,

Thanks again for informing us of this great product. Just received mine today and am playing it here in my office and it sounds great. Amazing value to with around 110 minutes of playing time for $24.99.

Chad Kermit :big_grin: