Dark Crystal & Labyrinth Blu-ray Release Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal Officially Announced

July 20, 2009 from Blu-ray.com

Sony Pictures Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have officially announced that they will bring Jim Henson's 'Labyrinth' and 'The Dark Crystal' to Blu-ray on September 29th. The films represent two theatrical releases by the Muppet-master that diverged from his usual cast of characters. Both films will be presented in 1080p AVC accompanied by 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.

Special features for these releases include:

* Labyrinth Making of Documentary: Inside The Labyrinth
* Commentary with Brian Froud
* Journey through the Labyrinth: "Kingdom of Characters"
* Journey through the Labyrinth: "The Quest for Goblin City"
* The Storytellers (PiP - Blu Ray Exclusive)

The Dark Crystal
* Commentary with Brian Froud
* Storyboard Track
* The Book of Thra: Dark Crystal Collector
* SkekTek's Crystal Challenge Trivia Game
* Original Skeksis Language - Test Scenes with Introduction by Screenwriter David Odell
* Deleted Scenes
* The World of "The Dark Crystal"
* Reflections of the Dark Crystal: "Light on the Path of Creation"
* Reflections of the Dark Crystal: "Shard of Illusion"

Finally....and I highlighted some interesting specs. Woohoo. And commentary.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I hope they will include ALL deleted scenes!
Including Jen swimming, etc.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yay, I was hoping Labyrinth would come out on Blu-Ray! My dad has a Blu-Ray player so I'm set :big_grin:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great Price Leanne,

I'll have to pre order mine from there too.

Thanks for the info.

Chris

cabbageheat

Reaction score
As excited as I am for this....I see very little new being offered. WHERE are all the other deleted scenes? Why have they never been released (I'm sorry is 20 years of waiting not long enough)? And why is the skesis work print version of the film just sitting on the shelf somewhere...do we need to wait another 20+ years for this to release?

And, I'm sorry, this is the biggest kicker for me....why has Frank Oz, over every single release of this film, never offered a perspective on this project? Where is his audio commentary? I am just really surprised by this. I appreciated Brian Frouds perspective on the film, really eye opening, but I would love to hear one of the directors take on this cult favorite. yet, even into the blu-ray era, he's nowhere to be found. Major disappointment.

I don't think the Henson company is really listening to the fans. We've been screaming for this stuff for decades, and here is another release....void of anything new.

Fantastic.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think they did a good job picking the extras, there's something new to make it worth buying for those who do but at the same time, they aren't putting anything on there so awesome that it's going to tick off anyone who has no plans to buy into the whole blu-ray fad.

Status
Not open for further replies.