Creature Shop: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Lug

Reaction score
Wait until you see the finished product guys and remember that Douglas himself made the majority of changes you see in there himself.

Done on the cheap? Relatively speaking, yes. But it was a creative choice too. Garth and Nick (director and producer) knew if they took it the full, glorious CG route it may actually loose something... as well as never get made.

I had the honor of playing 5 different Vogans and it was an utter pleasure. Even got to spout Vogan poetry - never thought I be doing that when I was reading the books back in the 80's - although they then went and spoilt it all by using Richard Griffith's voice. Ah well, can't have it all ways.

Hope you enjoy the fruits of our labours.

Mak

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, Mak. You sure seem to have a lot of fun out there. Imagine! Playing four vogons. I am green with envy, and purple with jealousy.

And, yes, I can't wait for the finished product. And am saving my final judgement till after.

It opens next month here. I'm going to be in line to see it ASAP.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the movie based on one of my favorite books. It sounds great.

However the movie will open around august over here :mad:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes. Have seen the Trailers. Nice!

I'm afraid I was most impressed so far with just the fact that the Vogons appear on all computers/tvs/etc rather than their voice being resounded off every radio. It's a very obvious thing, that should have been expected. But I liked it a lot.

Rowbes

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I just realized another good cast link besides Love Actually: Rickman and Rockwell were both primary characters in Galaxy Quest.

Rizzo1177

Reaction score
I just saw the movie

Hey gang! I just saw HITCHHIKER'S and it was fun. Yes, as a fan of the books, I missed elements and winced at some variations but what I really apreciated was the REALITY. Bear this out. There were actual puppets in the film, none of that CGI Yoda nonsense. They had presence and were capable of acting. That made me, as a puppeteer, feel good.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Douglas forgive me for what I am about to do...

I Foudn The Film Terrable Completly and Utterly. Let's just say there were three bits I liked: The whale and the bowl of petunias, and Slartibartfast, and the Vogon Puppets.

That's it. Full stop. Nothng more.

The rest was, IMHO, TOSH!