Creature Shop: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I agree with Beauregard about Marvin. A short stubby guy? I always pictured Marvin as a taller, lanky robot, sort of like Bender in Futurama.

As for Zaphod Beeblebrox, no second head? What the hey? I always thought Chris Noth (Big in Sex in the City) would make a great primary head with Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead trilogy) as the second head. But Sam Rockwell seems like a decent choice.

However, casting Bill Nighy (Underworld, Love Actually) as Slartibartfast was brilliant, as was casting Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin.

I for one can't wait to see the film.

Mario

Reaction score
I wasn't excited about this film at all. But, then I read in a magazine that the Creature shop was going to be involved! And, to add to that, my friend is reading the book and he loves it! But, now I'm not so excited about the film anymore, I hope its great, but the Creature shop was my real motivation, and after that review and the knock off storm trooper, I'm not so excited.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I said interesting, not good!
Ok. Ok. Forgive me.

Have you seen the photo on IMDB of Marvin, BTW? Makes me wanna cry...

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Mario said:
I wasn't excited about this film at all. But, then I read in a magazine that the Creature shop was going to be involved! And, to add to that, my friend is reading the book and he loves it! But, now I'm not so excited about the film anymore, I hope its great, but the Creature shop was my real motivation, and after that review and the knock off storm trooper, I'm not so excited.
Despite reported fallbacks, I am super psyched about this movie. The book is incredibly hilarious and well done. If the movie is half of the book it will be worth seeing. The cast is growing on me, yes even Mos Def as Ford Prefect, and I will be there in May ready to buy tickets.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Here come the Vogrons!

Want to hear some of my poetry?

I didn't quite imagine them looking like that when I read the book....

And yes, I was wondering where Zaph's other head is...maybe they're adding it later.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
However, casting Bill Nighy (Underworld, Love Actually) as Slartibartfast was brilliant, as was casting Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin.
I though that Dougla Adams always insisted on Stephen Moore playing Marvin for any medium?

Not sure about Bill Nighy either - perhaps they need someone more bumbling for Slartibartfast (maybe Richard Griffiths who took over the role for the third radio series)

To be frank, I'm not all that sure about Martin Freeman either and would have liked to have seen comedian Tony Hawks in the role of Arthur Dent.

None of this will stop me seeing it though as I am looking forward to see the changes that have been made.

Rowbes

Reaction score
Wow. Three folks from Love Actually.

As for Zaphod, I have to say Sam Rockwell was a perfect choice!! And not just because he's one of my favorite actors. The second head will not be omnipresent like the BBC series' manniquin head. Rather, we will see it occasionally for a few sight gags and then it will... er... retract.

Before you soil yourselves at the thought of this blasphemy, just know that Adams is on record as saying the second head was a throw-away gag he wished he had never written.

All we can do it hope for a decent movie. I am in the process of mentally separating the film from my memories of the books. I have learned not to build my hopes up too high for adaptions, remakes, sequels, and (shudder) prequels.
Thank you George Lucas for teaching me this bitter lesson.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't mind the cast at all, but the look of Marvin I find terrable. Somewhere deep inside I am still hoping that Marvin look is a decoy to make us think he looks worse than he wil turn out to be.

That and the fact Zaphod has only two faces, not two heads makes me not want to see the film.

But, as a loyal fan, I will be there in line to bye tickets too.

__

Interprited:

Bothermosthow

Beauregard

Reaction score
LadyHyde said:
Want to hear some of my poetry?

I didn't quite imagine them looking like that when I read the book....

And yes, I was wondering where Zaph's other head is...maybe they're adding it later.
Ooops. I replied to the first page without looking at the second.

Those Vogoons do not look like I imagined them, but they look better. Quite awesome!