Congratulations, Jim Henson Company!

petrieboy

Reaction score
Leaving HIT behind, and connecting with Lionsgate films is HUGE news, bigger than I realized at first. They are now working with a major power, and have their film distributor for projects like The Fraggle Movie and Power of the Dark Crystal.

I have come to the point of condemning JHC and modern Muppets, and really just lost faith in them in the last several years due to their complete lack of subtlety, soul, depth, artistic merit, and purity in Muppet projects. Joining Lionsgate is the first very smart move I've seen them make. In fact, if I could have chosen one company myself for them to make deals with, it would have been Lionsgate. Congratulations, JHC.

Now, clean up your act. Get Paul Williams on board. Get good directors. Good, imaginative scripts. Stop superficially imitating the past (and mucking it up with sleaze) and make good on Jim's gift to the world. Study scenes like Gonzo singing by the campfire, Miss Piggy's "hamming it up scene" in London, and "Saying Goodbye" in Muppets Take Manhattan. You can even study Brian Henson's "It Feels Like Christmas" and "Bless Us Everyone" scenes. Jim's movies placed the Muppets in different cities - Los Angeles, London, and Manhattan. He let the Muppets come alive and interact with those surroundings. How about placing them in France? In India? In Dubai? In Japan? In Texas? In Washington DC? In Maine?

I know I just handed over a double-edged sword, but mostly I'm just excited about Lionsgate.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Leaving HIT behind, and connecting with Lionsgate films is HUGE news, bigger than I realized at first. They are now working with a major power, and have their film distributor for projects like The Fraggle Movie and Power of the Dark Crystal.

I have come to the point of condemning JHC and modern Muppets, and really just lost faith in them in the last several years due to their complete lack of subtlety, soul, depth, artistic merit, and purity in Muppet projects. Joining Lionsgate is the first very smart move I've seen them make. In fact, if I could have chosen one company myself for them to make deals with, it would have been Lionsgate. Congratulations, JHC.

Now, clean up your act. Get Paul Williams on board. Get good directors. Good, imaginative scripts. Stop superficially imitating the past (and mucking it up with sleaze) and make good on Jim's gift to the world. Study scenes like Gonzo singing by the campfire, Miss Piggy's "hamming it up scene" in London, and "Saying Goodbye" in Muppets Take Manhattan. You can even study Brian Henson's "It Feels Like Christmas" and "Bless Us Everyone" scenes. Jim's movies placed the Muppets in different cities - Los Angeles, London, and Manhattan. He let the Muppets come alive and interact with those surroundings. How about placing them in France? In India? In Dubai? In Japan? In Texas? In Washington DC? In Maine?

I know I just handed over a double-edged sword, but mostly I'm just excited about Lionsgate.
Weinstein is releasing the Fraggle Rock movie and the Henson Company no longer owns the Muppets.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Ooh... Weinstein had a legal battle with Lionsgate this year - little chance of collaboration there. Okay then.

The Muppet comments were an addition. I know WD owns them, which would terrifiy me, but JHC has already used up my Muppet terror supply during the last 16 years.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooh... Weinstein had a legal battle with Lionsgate this year - little chance of collaboration there. Okay then.

The Muppet comments were an addition. I know WD owns them, which would terrifiy me, but JHC has already used up my Muppet terror supply during the last 16 years.
Disney has the means to suit the Muppets and is now using those means. :cool: