Comcast makes $54 billion hostile bid to buy Disney

dmx10101

Reaction score
I think that Comcast buying Disney would be a good thing, because Disney has been falling apart in recent years. They have lost their roots and need somenew blood in the company to put it back on track and in the right direction. Disney was suppose to be a family company and now they have everything from R rated movies to ESPN and ABC stations which have nothing to do with their orginal Family friendly company roots. Walt started it out that way and corporate America has turned Disney into just another media conglomerate, so why not comcast buying it, Disney can't get much worse. I think.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I don't care if they make R-rated movies, just as long as the family programming is still up to the old Disney standard, instead of the new Disney standard which seems to be the price of creativity is worth a few extra dollars in the video store.

dmx10101

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I don't care if they make R-rated movies, just as long as the family programming is still up to the old Disney standard, instead of the new Disney standard which seems to be the price of creativity is worth a few extra dollars in the video store.
True. But I think they just should have kept their focus on family films/shows and theme parks and not venture into all they other stuff that they have.

leliebel

Reaction score
What was troubeling me yesterday, is that e few days prior to this incedent, disney started showing interst in Henson again.
I think the executives of Disney we're anticipating something like this and we're trying to save their hide and get bigger before someone tried to take them over.

As for a merger with Henson...
A Disney Henson merger might be a good idea, I'm not sure... Henson definatly needs some help somewhere, this was made painfully clear to me wehn they decided to sell the new york town house.

But somehow a merger with Capcom Disney seems very bad to me. I fear Henson would be nothing more then a Trophie and there would be no time effort or money pout into it. It's more of a:Hey, now we own Mickey and Kermit!
Henson is more of an artistically valueable company, while Disney is far more commercial, I think... That'll clash, I think Capcom juust wants to make more and more money.
I guess I just don't want them to drown and dissappear in the hugh business that will be capcom Disney.

*sigh* now I'm depressed...

Tera

Reaction score
If Comcast gets Disney, I'd like to change my poll vote. I don't think the Muppets could benefit from something that large. But, I must admit, I'm passionately against media conglomeration to begin with. I just think the Muppets would get lost or be of no importance to such a megacorp.

They need a partnership that will help them market their brand, not a megacopr that will swallow then whole before breakfast.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Isn't Capcom the maker of fine video games, such as the Mega Man and Street Fighter series?

-Squigiman

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, he meant Comcast. The corporate world has downgraded from "dot-coms" to "coms."

Jeffboy

Reaction score
All I have to say is this:

I'd like to see a change in direction, perhaps another visionary, to take control of Henson studios. I'd also like to see Disney rehire the 2D animation department they just fired, because some of those people had been working there since "The Black Couldron;" what else is out there for them? :sympathy:

Well, that's my 2p.

-Jeff

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I just don't like this one bit....as much as I'm not fond of some of the corporate decisions made at Disney these days, the fact that Disney is strictly Disney is a rarity in the corporate world today. I'm surprised that comcast bid for the whole thing, and not just the television stations, since that would be their biggest gain.