1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

College and the Muppets

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Hubert, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I was looking at Kermit's Muppet Wiki page today, and I noticed something interesting: they had a picture of his official Facebook profile from the fan-a-thon last year, and on it said that Kermit studied at Tadpole College. Then I found Miss Piggy's and her profile says that she studied at the Paris School of Design. This put me on a mad chase looking for other Muppet college references, and we also know from the Jason Alexander episode of MT that Gonzo went to college.

So this got me to thinking a couple things. The first is, what other evidence do we have of the Muppets going to college? Anything they said whether on-screen or in a book or even in an interview?

And the second thing is this: how does that idea of Kermit, Piggy, and Gonzo going to college affect or Muppet timeline? I personally don't like the idea of putting that Kermit went to college because it seems to mess with the TMM story I know oh so well. I can relate better to a Kermit who didn't go get that education, but rather simply reached his goal by following a dream. I feel like putting him with a college degree gives him way too much to stand on, where I'd rather see some lowly, uneducated frog come up, follow his dream, and become a star.

Of course, if we also believe TMTM, all of the Muppets went to Danhurst College together, which for some reason I don't mind as much because we got to see what happened after college, though I personally find that as more of just a story and not the real thing like TMM was. (This kinda ties into Mo Frackle's timeline thread he made a while back).

Anyone have any more college evidence or thoughts on this?
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I don't think that him going to college really messes with the story, it just shows that he was prepared if something didn't work out. Kermit's not a dumb frog; he probably wanted to make sure he could have a job if his dream didn't work out. He was more than likely a good student in the local swamp school, and no reason to turn down a scholarship or something like that.

Piggy probably went to college after she became a star, and had the time to pursue her love of fashion without needing to worry about providing for herself like before she met up with Kermit and everyone else.