Collector's Club Email Reply Turnaround

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeHornPalisad
From what I read on this board, the club seems to be causing more aggravation.
As a result of what? The members own impatience? Awwwww....

Mike, let me assure you that the club is appreciated by the majority of the board members here, and the members of your club who aren't part of this forum. No one here wants to see the club close (wait a minute, any lurking scalpers here?). :wink:

Jon Gutierrez mentioned here on the forum that they plan on running a feature in an upcoming Toyfare about toy collector's clubs, including Palisades, So I'm sure that your member numbers will increase through that article, and you'll get to the point where you can delegate this as someone's job in your offices.

In the meantime, you're staff is still doing a way better job at this already than Toyfare/Wizard does with their offers, and you're doing it as basically a one man show. Anyone who doesn't realize this hasn't ordered from them before.

Wizard/Toyfare ships bulk mail and can't track a darned thing, nor can any item be forwarded due to a change of address (it just gets undelivered). Which can be a pain in the neck, considering you mailed away for their items sixteen weeks ago, long before you ever knew you were moving. You get no payment rec'd confirmations from them (you actually have to jump through hoops with proof if there's ever a dispute about whether or not you paid them for something), and I guarantee they don't have a bounce list posted anywhere of people they were trying to get in touch with. Let's put things in perspective people. Do I need to start singing "que sera sera" again? :wink:

As I said, I know AOL does some funny things with some of my emails, not delivering them, but at the same time they don't bounce back to me, so it's kind of hard to land on a bounce list if an email doesn't bounce, and it's entirely possible this could be happening with Earthlink as well, BDW.

Again, if any club members need the Fozzie email, just send me a note via my email link below.

grail

Reaction score
i'd be willing to help out too!

heck, if i thought it would be cost effective for Palisades to do it, i'd offer to have them drop off the toys for the Collector's Club at my house, and then i'd box them up and send them out from here. of course, that would mean paying quite a bit more in shipping...sending twice and all...

still, as long as they make sure to account for every incoming and outgoing figure, i don't see why someone in the area couldn't do them all from home. i could easily have done half my job at Zany Brainy (i was the receiver) from home. only thing i couldn't do was put stuff on the shelves...which would be a non-issue here.

you just need to find someone with enough storage space (big garage) that you feel comfortable dumping a shipment of toys off on every now and again...

just a thought...

incredeeble!

Reaction score
apologies to BDW for my last post. I was way out of line. I didn't mean to sound so harsh but I think what I meant to say is that maybe they didn't expect such a turnout for a collector's club. And then above all, Ken was practically running it while having his usual full workload.

(going back to school sucks. My mind is washed from everything I was thinking about 3 hours ago...)

But yeah, I was thinking about the same that people have suggested: A better dissemination of knowledge possibly with people on this board helping out or something. I wonder how realistic it might sound, but it would sure lighten the workload of the people who have to send the toys out if we are around to help answer these club questions or watch a possible Palisades Forum on their site for them. How realistic that sounds I dunno...

The idea to help actually pack and ship the toys out would be way cool. I'm not so sure if it would cost *that* much more either to ship twice. Or even if there's some sort of pickup location for larger cities (but then there would definitely be security issues...) That would be way awesome to be surrounded by invisible fozzies though.

I sure as heck would have the time at my work and free time to watch a forum for 10-12 hours out of the day. I already do that here! But I guess that idea is beyond us.

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe they could have 'Gold Members' of the club who also were assigned to be moderators and be the people to give out answers to frequently asked questions, maybe helping out at trade shows too. Actually, this does have quite a sales and PR advantage for Palisades - if you look at the amount of traffic 'Ask Ken' gets at this board, and you replicated that at a Palisades forum it would attract wider daily site traffic to the official site, and also more people would be likely to see and use a 'Palisades Store', maybe making it possible for website only exclusives and more direct sales. I don't think there's much worry about losing a grip on the fanbase here because the product is so strong and people are already very much into the line.

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Hey all.

Just thought I'd let everyone know. After sending two emails to the Club address last week, I finally received not one but TWO copies of the Invisible Fozzie offer email! These were sent to my Hotmail address. Good to know that these emails are finally getting through :smile:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Actually, this does have quite a sales and PR advantage for Palisades - if you look at the amount of traffic 'Ask Ken' gets at this board, and you replicated that at a Palisades forum it would attract wider daily site traffic to the official site, and also more people would be likely to see and use a 'Palisades Store', maybe making it possible for website only exclusives and more direct sales. I don't think there's much worry about losing a grip on the fanbase here because the product is so strong and people are already very much into the line.
Heck yeah. Even the rinky dink site that I worked for (which had a total of three employees) had a forum attached to the site. It would be very easy to add the software and probably not that much more time consuming to moderate than wading through hundreds and hundreds of daily posts here is. I bet Palisades would have no trouble enticing someone to manage it for, say, a huge discount on new figures or something like that.

*sees a new job in Jamie's future*

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Well things are definately looking up! I haven't called, I don't think I will need to. The new guy, Tony, has been emailing me regularly throughout the day. Alas, we have worked out my two orders (one for the kit, one for Fozzie), and things are looking good in that area. When I signed up, I didnt know that UPS was the only way Palisades was shipping, so I included only a PO Box with my payment. This is what caused the delay. The only thing that concerned me was he ask "Have you already ordered Fozzie?". Hopefully my order went through, and it was a matter of just not having a chance to check it. I confirmed that I had ordered it, offered to send my paypal receipts, so all should be fine and dandy! Hopefully in a few weeks everything will get here!

We still haven't worked out the email issue, I actually havent got a response to that part just yet (he sent two seperate emails, one regarding the email that I discussed above, and this one about shipping and orders etc, which he has been replying to more frequently). If it simply can't be worked out, I'll just get on here and nag my fellow forumites to forward the membership email :wink:

So, all in all, things are looking up! Tony seems to be doing a stand up job thus far, especially since its only day three (I think?) for him.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
*sees a new job in Jamie's future*
I was definitely thinking Jamie - i think he'd do a bang up job. Not only is he knowledgable on the figures so moderating, giving answers to FAQ's, and replying to emails would be easy, but he can also design and run websites (exactly what Palisades are looking for right now on their site) AND do Graphic design.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Paypal?

Pardon my ignorance on the issue, but how does one go about using Paypal to order through Palisades?

(I'm speaking as one who believes his wife may have a Paypal account, but has never used the method and doesn't really know how it works.)