Claymation Segments

superfan

Reaction score
In the very first episode of SS, the show itself opens up with a claymation sequence in which two very odd looking little people with hats on walk under a rainbow away from the camera and into Sesame Street. In the same episide, there is a Letter S sketch in which a narrator introduces the viewers to a skunk, a snake, snowmen, a see saw and some soldiers.

*~What other claymation skits were there in the early years of SS??~*

I also recall Lucille quite clearly as well as the little guy in the wheel chair as claymation sketches.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
There were other claymation segments such as:

"Quincy's Q" (ending with "I'm quitting!")

"U Words" (the ugly unicorn wearing underwear and a uniform holding an umbrella and riding a unicycle is ultimately upsetting!)

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I think she's talking about the Claymations that showed the episode number that were shown before the theme song. These were from used from 1969 until sometime in the mid 70's. These were way before my time so I don't remember them, but I did get to see a few on Noggin.

superfan

Reaction score
Well to be clear, any and all claymation segment info is useful!! The ones that were used at the beginning of the show itself were probably not used for very long.

Funny thing to hear about them, though...it's not coming back to my memory...wonder if these clips can be found anywhere....?