Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently viewed some of the clips on this site, and many of them are great. Most of the clips that I saw for the first time lived up to my expectations, and some (like Lulus Back in Town) are better than I'd expected.

I viewed clips, once again seeing many of my childhood favorites that I hadn't seen in years, like Grover the Waiter: Hamburger, Grover the Waiter: Simon Soundman, Subway, Ernie making a clay sculpture of Bert, Grover putting teeth into Kermit's mouth, Best Friends Blues, and Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur.

I saw a lot of clips that I hadn't seen before, like Lulus Back in Town, Five People in My Family (the televised version sounds more like a commercial jingle than the album version does), Ernie painting a picture of Bert, What's My Letter?, That's About the Size of It, Cookie Monster guessing what's inside Kermit's box, The Count countign cookies that Cookie Monster eats, The Count counting apples that Cookie Monster eats, Ernie putting the radio knob on Bert's belly, Cookie Monster (dressed as Ernie) stealing Bert's cookies, Ernie lying about a monster stealing Bert's cake, Sesame Street News: Holiday Mix-Up, Sesame Street News: The Pied Pipe, Near and Far, Grover talking about the number two, Pick Your Pet, Jazzy Spies #2, Jazzy Spies #7, The Number Painter #3, Let's Sing a Song of Two, Let's Sing a Song of Six, The Queen of Six, and more. I'll still be happy if all these skits get included on the upcomming nostalgia set, but these have tied me over for awhile.

I also saw some great Henson stuff that wasn't Sesame Street, like Timepiece, the ending of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, Kermit and Michale Eisner introducing John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together, a promo for the Play-Along Videos (I didn't knwo that there was a television promo with new footage, not that I was even aware of a television promo for these), a National Wildlife Federation commercial with Fozzie and Kermit, the Bandanana commercial, clips from the garbage episode of The Jim Henson Hour, the opening from the Lorretta Lynn episode of The Muppet Show, Danceros, Egg-Sucking Dog, and the Muppets, Babies, and Monsters opening. I also saw stuff that i hadn't seen ina long time, like You've Got a Friend, the faces song from Wow, You're a Cartoonist!, and the title song from Hey, You're as Funny as Fozzie Bear!

And having seen those, I'd like to make a request of what I'd like to see (or see again) on the site:

From Sesame Street:
Baker films #1, 4, 5, 7, 8, and definately 9
Monsterpeice Theater: The Taming of the Shoe
Sesame Street News: The Tortose and The Hare
I Wonder About the World Above Up There
A Song From Kermit
If I Were
Grover gives Kermit ears

From The Muppets:
the promo for the Playhosue Videos
clips from some Playhouse Videos
clips from The Muppets Go Hollywood
more clips from The Jim Henson Hour

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
Crud! They are starting to delete user accounts on youtube for posting classic SS clips, i presume because of copyright issues. A user called nantoseiken had all his videos deleted, and he had some great bert and ernie clips and animated segments, like the famous "loaf of bread, container of milk..."

Bottom line...better download and save the clips while they're out there, because they may not be around for long.
Actually my youtube account wasn't deleted because of Sesame Street or The Daily Show, it was deleted because of those Muppet appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show, a mistake I will not repeat.

If anyone has any requests for Sesame Street segments they want to see uploaded again, let me know.

zns

Reaction score
Do you have a clip of the song "You Say Hola" with Maria and Luis? Do you also have "Frogs in the Glen", and "I Wonder 'Bout the World Above"?

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
zns said:
Do you have a clip of the song "You Say Hola" with Maria and Luis? Do you also have "Frogs in the Glen", and "I Wonder 'Bout the World Above"?
No, I don't have very many 1980s segments, my Sesame Street clips are mostly 1970s.

Grover

Reaction score
NantoSeiken, I maninly want to see some classic clips with Kermit, and if you have SSU 666. I would like to see "Two of Everything" and some classic 1969 Bert and Ernie skits.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I also want to see these segments:

From #43:

Your Funny Face
Kermit and a Rectangle (destroyed by Cookie)
Lulu's Back In Town
Baker #7
Quincy's Q
Kermit and Snerfs on Tall and Short
Kermit and two Monsters on Big and Little

From #54:

I am a Fine Musician
Ernie counts 11 cookies and an egg
A You're Adorable
Good Morning Starshine

From #83:

Everyone Likes Ice Cream
Monsters and Giant A
Ernie's A Machine
Kermit and a monster on IN
Ernie promises to clean up quickly before lunchtime

From #131:

What's My Line: Nose
Cookie Monster and Herry sing "Circles"
Grover & Cookie Monster sing "I Whistle a Happy Tune"
Ernie solves the problem of water dripping by blasting noises
J-Jump
A zoo film

From #158:

Ernie Presents the Letter A
Hunt For Happiness (3-part segment)
Jazz #8

From #162:

Kermit's What-Happens-Next Machine
Going for a Ride
There Once Was a Hand
Rocket Countdown Cartoons
Kermit and a Happy Face

From #198:

Ernie counts 7 Balloons
Jazz #3
Grover & Herbert Birdsfoot on Over and Under
Gordon, Ernie, and Cookie Monster put 4 objects into 4 boxes
Ernie's short story
Little Bird's imagination game

From #276:

Grover the Waiter Serves Alphabet Soup
Seasons Song
The Great Cookie Thief
Ernie Counts Sheep, Fire Engines, etc.
Melvin the Moving Man
Brushing the Whale's Teeth

From #355:

Ladybugs & Lizards on Adding & Subtracting
Japanese Folktale: 4 Mysterious Dragons
Cookie Monster eats Kermit's B
Farley tries to buy a hat
Harvey Kneeslapper: I wanna B
ABC Hide & Seek
4 penguins
Kermit counts 4 eggs and 4 chicks
Grover Surprises Herry as Ernie
What comes out of the cow and starts with M?
Ernie's strings on his fingers

From #406:

Teeth gets a job
Grover on Light and Heavy
D Building Tour
Simon Soundman sings about his day
The Count counts six blocks
Me and Yo
Computer ABC
What if a frog was a fly? What if a fly was a frog?
Charlie's Restaurant: Where's the spoon?

From #514:

Cookie Monster wants to go to school (2-part sketch)
Bert's purple hand
Ernie forgets to turn off the water
Hippopotamus film
G for Giggle
Oscar and Bob sing "Rain Falls"
Roosevelt Franklin Elementary: Poison
No Matter How You Count Them
Who You Lookin' At Tiger?

From #536:

Ernie Telestrates Bert's Face
Ernie & Bert at the Movies: Ernie munches on loud snacks and usher throws Bert out
Alien ABC

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The Great Cookie Thief
Ernie promises to clean up quickly before lunchtime
Lulu's Back In Town
J-Jump

These 4 are already on there- you'll have to scroll through some pages- but I've seen all of those on there.