1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mikebennidict New Member

http://www.sesamestreet.org/classicclips

I know someone's already posted the new SW website but I figure it would be appropriette to create a thread for the classic Clips section that they have on their site.

BTW I was able to view them at the library and saw some stuff that youtube doesn't have.
    HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting! It's fantastic how the classic clips are finally finding a (legit) home, hehe. I hope parents and kids are inspired to watch together. :)
  3. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

4. Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh! I love the All Dressed up segment! LOL!

Funny how some of the clips work like that. But I guess it's minor and nothing to get to upset over, just be glad that the clips are there!
  5. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

6. Ilikemuppets New Member

None of your links are working for me. But when I go to the site it works just fine.:smirk:
  7. Ilikemuppets New Member

Anybody notice the edits they made in "B Is For Bubble"? :p
  8. ISNorden Active Member

*nods* The kids in the remade version act less naturally than the ones in the Season 1 version; even though some fans might only remember (and prefer) the remake, it wouldn't hurt Sesame Workshop to include both.
  9. Ilikemuppets New Member

I wasn't aware they ever had a remake!:eek: Where have I been. But you are right and I agree hat the kids just do not sound as natural just like the newer theme songs. I especially can't stand the last pare of the new version of the song. That's when I noticed something was off. Instead when the gum pops and the Kid goes "POW" followed bu the other kids laughter, They have a kid who sounds like they are showing no real emotion going, "B is for bubble!" The kids are robot kids! *shutters*
  10. ISNorden Active Member

B Is for Bubble

According to this article on Muppet Wiki, not only did Sesame Workshop remake the song eight years ago; they also adapted it for a street scene in a Season 30 episode. I haven't seen the street-scene version myself, but given the plot I assume that the "bubble gum" references became "bubble bath"...:rolleyes:
  11. ssetta Active Member

Letters Make Words

Does anyone remember this song, which I believe is probably from the late 70s or early 80s? It's one of the ones that has been added to SesameStreet.org, seen here:

http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...&p_p_uid=b31ce8cb-1561-11dd-a62f-919b98326687

This one is for Letter B, but something tells me it may have been a whole series, and they did it for different letters. Does anyone remember this?
  12. ISNorden Active Member

The only version I've seen in years is the B clip you mentioned, so I suspect that it was planned as part of a series that never got finished.
  13. Ilikemuppets New Member

I know I sound like a bitter, cranky fan from the days of old here, but I liked the original one with Olivia the better. But just happy they have to song on here at all!
  14. Ilikemuppets New Member

This is slightly familiar to me. I thought it was from the early eighties myself.
  15. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Merged threads because they are similar in topic.
  16. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I liked the old one too. I mena, Olivia's got a great voice, but so does Ruthie. But, what I don't get is why Steve recorded Ernie's voice, while Oscar and Big Bird reused the old soundtrack. Myabe because Ernie (to me) sounded off in the old bit.
  17. Ilikemuppets New Member

I like Ruthy. I guess it just that as Cookie monster once put it; Purity! ! !:insatiable:
  18. ErnieandTelly New Member

I'm trying to play a video, but it buffers
  19. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Anyone notice how they have duplicates of some videos? One example is Grover's front and back talk; one video has added sound effects, the other is the original. Another example is the Wet Paint song; one has an intro by an AM lady, the other doesn't have that.
  20. ErnieandTelly New Member

I thinking about the "Everyboody Wash" clip with Ernie when the first episode airs.
    plus Snuffy takes a bath and sings, andd Bert's Blanket