CinemaCon Presentation?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, again I hope this movie proves me wrong, because while I won't sit here and say that everything post Jim has sucked, cause it hasn't, after Muppets From Space, I am very skeptical about how another big screen Muppet film is going to pan out. Because so far I am just not excited about this movie coming out.
MFS, as we all know, was ruined by a bad director. We KNOW who that is, we know what he went on to do... he used it as a stepping stone to do bigger and better things...

Really... Garfield 2 was a hit in Hong Kong... probably because it was the only movie the Chinese government didn't ban...

I think MFS, deep down, could have been a good film had Joey's script been unaltered. At least we would have seen Uncle Matt and the BETTER ending. I wouldn't blame that for any thoughts about this movie, since we have people who genuinely CARE about this movie working on it.

See, I'm in the minority that I actually love "When Love Is Gone" in MCC. It does slow down the movie a tad, but I think it's a beautiful song (maybe because I'm a big Paul Williams fan I'm biased...).
It's a good song, and an important scene, I know... but that's the problem I had with MCC... they felt like guests in their own movie. Some of it was unavoidable due to characters not being recast (Scooter should have been Scrooge's nephew, but there's no way that could have happened). I think they found a better balance with MTI, and new Muppet Characters filling those gaps. MFS, the least you can say they were playing themselves in that movie.

But the song did slow the film down... I heard they had to cut it for theatrical releases.