Childhood Muppet toy memories

muppfozz

Reaction score
Oh my Muppet wallpaper! There was MUPPET wallpaaper!!!!!!!! Okay calm down... For Chirstmas one year I got a Big Bird that you use your fingers to move his beak and he had yellow feathers for his back tail ,he was about 2 feet tall and that same year I got a Grover finger puppet. I still have both. But my sister got a Cookie monster finger puppet that year and took it so school and lost it. I did not discover the Muppets until I was older and so I was in junior high school when I got my first muppet the above Big Bird and Grover.

robodog

Reaction score
Hmmm I think I may have had a similar Big Bird. I think mine talked though. If I remember correctly I went through two or three of them because they'd stop working and my parents would have to go out and buy me a new one. I also had a Super Grover plush at one point.
I also remember being kind of scared of the Fisher Price Animal puppet. I had no problems with him on the show, but I was kind of wary of the puppet whenever I was looking at the Muppet stuff at Kay Bee Toys. I was always half afraid I'd get it for a Birthday or Christmas. I never actually told my parents it made me nervous because it seemed kind of silly to me to be nervous of a toy. I'm pretty sure that if I'd actually ever gotten it the fear would have vanished fairly quickly. It was a cool puppet. It's strange the way a five year old mind works sometimes.

Walter

Reaction score
Since It wasn't recently that I became a Muppet super fan.. I'm afraid I don't have many childhood toy memories... I did have the Elmo's world CD-ROM when I was little and the Elmo in Grouchland VHS. I'm hoping I can change all that with the debut of the movie..