Check out this POWERFUL music video about WAR

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Didn't Madonna have a video ready to go, too? What's taking her so long :rolleyes:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I heard on MTV she is retooling it a bit from an anti-war statement to something to support our troops, which would suit me just fine. Though what I've heard sounds like crap.

Cantus' Ghost

Reaction score
This is a great video. It takes the antiwar effort out of this stupid 'minor hippie movement' context to show that the world is against the war.

The Beastie Boys' new antiwar song sucks, though.

If you're interested, check out this site. Protest-Records.com

It was started by Thurston Moore form Sonic Youth, one of the greatest bands of all time. These songs are all new & the one by Cat Power is really good.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Scott's comment. I've never been much or a System fan. I like punk, alternative and metal (along with many other forms of music) but I just don't get their stuff. To each, their own.

Even though I don't necessarily agree with the video's message or music, it is a well-edited piece. It's easy getting a lot of people to march in California for anything. It's kind of known for that, but nothing like this in a while.

Anyway, Madonna reports that her video is not about the war. It's supposedly about the American fashion industry. She's still in that commando mode from Die Another Day. I like the song okay. Not her best, but it's catchy and would sound spectacular remixed in a club setting. She pulled the video out of consideration for the troops involved in the war because of some of the war themes in the piece. I have to admit that she was pushing some buttons about politics, especially at the end, but it's no biggie. Here's the link. Look in the Hot Hot Hot section.

http://www.madonnainter.net/