Challenges, Triumphs and Pixie Dust!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, this is a challenge I've been trying to face.

So, I currently don't have a doctor. The one I previously had I've graduated from (she works primarily with kids up to 18). Because of that, I can't afford prescription medicine at the moment, so I'm trying to find a good over the counter medicine that can help treat my high blood pressure while I try and lose weight (I've also been cutting back on snacking and whatnot).

The previous medicine I was using was ultra life and that stuff SUCKED. It did absolutely NOTHING for me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So, this is a challenge I've been trying to face.

So, I currently don't have a doctor. The one I previously had I've graduated from (she works primarily with kids up to 18). Because of that, I can't afford prescription medicine at the moment, so I'm trying to find a good over the counter medicine that can help treat my high blood pressure while I try and lose weight (I've also been cutting back on snacking and whatnot).

The previous medicine I was using was ultra life and that stuff SUCKED. It did absolutely NOTHING for me.

I wish I could give advice on medication, but good luck on the not snacking, etc. Never a bad idea!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
::sigh:: I really want to tell all the people in my life to ease up on the whole “Learn to love yourself” thing. They think they’ve done their good deed for the day and everything’s magically cured after that. Wrong.

It’s the old story, I was bullied and isolated a lot in school. Forced to somehow get used to the idea that no one, especially guys, seemed to want me. Forced to learn to be alone. So yeah, really not overly fond of being alone with myself again, never mind “learning to love” myself. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to finally find someone who does want me. But, apparently it is. Anyway, please, enough with the self love talk. Been alone with myself quite enough, thank you. Quit telling bullying victims they’re the ones who need to change.

I mean they’re essentially telling me to delight in something I was forced into. Does not compute.

Btw, this is the sort of thing you never hear about when adults pathetically try to solve the bullying problem. Good luck, Melania. You can’t possibly do any worse.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I got kicked out of a local emergency room waiting room, on Monday!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
::sigh:: I really want to tell all the people in my life to ease up on the whole “Learn to love yourself” thing. They think they’ve done their good deed for the day and everything’s magically cured after that. Wrong.

It’s the old story, I was bullied and isolated a lot in school. Forced to somehow get used to the idea that no one, especially guys, seemed to want me. Forced to learn to be alone. So yeah, really not overly fond of being alone with myself again, never mind “learning to love” myself. I don’t think it’s too much to ask to finally find someone who does want me. But, apparently it is. Anyway, please, enough with the self love talk. Been alone with myself quite enough, thank you. Quit telling bullying victims they’re the ones who need to change.

I mean they’re essentially telling me to delight in something I was forced into. Does not compute.

Btw, this is the sort of thing you never hear about when adults pathetically try to solve the bullying problem. Good luck, Melania. You can’t possibly do any worse.
The only way I learned to get bullies was to stand up to them.
I agree, bullies are a pathetic lot who were most likely abused themselves, and feel justified abusing others.
The two times I stood up to bullies and actually beat the snot out of them surprised me the most. I'm not a fighter by any stretch of the imagination. Ten years old, nerdy buck toothed dweeb with glasses, easy pickings for bullies. When I flattened one bully and had him begging for mercy, nobody was more shocked than me. But after that, no bully ever picked on me again. Until high school.

As far as loving yourself, you kinda have to. Whether there is someone in your life or not, you have to be comfortable with you. No matter where you go, you're there with you. I still pray you find the right someone that helps fill the void.
Some people are fine with being alone, but it's painful to be lonely.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only way I learned to get bullies was to stand up to them.
Absolutely, and I did. It just didn't change things much for me.

As far as loving yourself, you kinda have to. Whether there is someone in your life or not, you have to be comfortable with you.
No I do not have to, and I won't. I can't take pleasure in being alone with myself when it's something I was forced into my entire life. I'm done with the platitudes. They only make me feel worse. If I didn't choose it, then I refuse to learn to love it. Period.

No matter where you go, you're there with you.
Don't remind me.

Some people are fine with being alone
And some people didn't choose to be alone, it chose them. And I will never learn to love it. I wish people would just be honest, some people win the game of life and some don't. I'm not going to embrace that loss. And it sickens me every time anyone tries to coax me into it in the name of "self love." Not going to happen.

Last edited: