Camp Echo Rock Questions.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Was just at Muppet Wiki as I'm redoing my massive Muppet Listings.

Couple of questions...
Noticed that in the synopsis for Episode 1709, they list a sketch where Grover counts to ten, and is answered by his own echo.
Is this correct? Asking, because the episode I have on VHS has a cowboy type character (voiced by Jim Henson) counting to ten in English, and being replied by his echo (Emilio Delgado) counting in Spanish.

Next, which of the following is the correct name of the camp under Grover's care:
"Camp Wannagohome"? or
"Camp Wannagohoma"?

Additionally, here are the names of all the campers mentioned during the five-episode long story of Big Bird's stay at Camp Echo Rock.
Al Hyslop,
Debbie,
Donald,
Dulcy Singer,
Emily Squires,
Fred,
Janet Shapiro,
Jeff Moss,
Joan Ganz Cooney,
Joe Bailey,
Jon Stone,
Lisa Simon,
Merissa (is this how her name is correctly spelled?),
Michael,
Midge,
Norman Stiles,
Ozzie Alfonso,
Russell,
Thelma Moses.
Some of these are behind-the-scenes people on the SST staff. My question is, of the campers mentioned, which actually appeared on screen during the Camp Echo Rock episodes? And when the Sesame staffers' names were called out, did an actual kid who went by that name appear as part of the episode?
You can find these in Episode 1707 during the baseball game, 1708 during the mail call when Aunt May brings the postcards, and 1710 during the Camp Echo Rock Camper Awards and when Big Bird's getting off of the bus back at Sesame Street.

Hope to hear from my trusted sources or anyone who can help with this as soon as possible. Thanks, and have a good night.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I can answer only two of your questions, but I hope they still help:

1. The camp where Grover works is called "Wannagohoma" with an "a", judging by the sign that appears in those skits. I can see how you might get confused, though, since the Anything Muppet kids don't pronounce the last "a" when they sing the camp song at the beginning. (Typo in the script, maybe?)
  2. The sketch in which Grover counts and hears his echo (in English, unlike the cowboy sketch) does exist. Although I haven't seen the episode you mention, it also appears in #1093.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks iznorden. Maybe B_G or the others I mailed can help with the campers atCamp Echo Rock.