Jim Henson - washing dishes at the end

MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND
Jerry Nelson - the butler

MUPPETS WIZARD OF OZ
Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz - in the crowd at the end

which ones did i miss

BEAR

Reaction score
Jim Henson was the carriage driver for Miss Piggy and Kermit in Muppets Take Manhattan.
I think that Fran Brill is in the scene with Mayor Ed Kotch (sp?) as a reporter.
Wasn't Paul Williams the piano player in the El Sleezo bar in The Muppet Movie? Does that count? He was the songwriter of the film.

This thread can also include cameos in the television shows too. For example, there was an episode a few seasons back on Sesame Street that Fran Brill made a cameo appearance in. It was in a street story with Baby Bear and Telly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Bry, all of those are right.
If you need Muppeteer cameos, you can always raid my Muppet Listings 15.0 thread.

The Fran Brill role you're talking about is Bebe Beara, I think that's from either Season 30 or 31. She also portrayed Nurse Rhyme in the Season 34 three-part finale where Curly Bear was born.
Hope this helps.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
What about The Muppets' Christmas Carol?

Were there no cameos for that movie?

Well, anyway- I'm pretty sure it was either Steve Whitmire or Dave Goelz (can't remember which at the moment) that was one of the hippies that gave Beaker and Bunsen a ride in Muppets From Space.

And a "young Jim Henson" shows up in Kermit's Swamp Years.

Paul Williams was definitely the piano player in The Muppet Movie and seeing as how he was actually on an episode of The Muppet Show itself- yes, I'd definitely count him as a cameo.

By the way, Steve Whitmire is also in the crowd at the start of The Muppets Take Manhattan, when the Muppets are performing at their college.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well...
1 It's possible there were some Muppeteer cameos in MCC. Just wouldn't know which unless I was told about them specifically.
2 Yes, Steve was College Student #5 in TMTM. And Martin P. Robinson of SS fame was College Student #4.
3 Although that was a Young Jim Henson in KSY, it was actually Christian Kebbil(SP?) portraying the role. Not sure if that should count or not.
Hope this helps.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki doesn't have any info on any cameos in MCC, so I'm assuming there are none.

'Twas Steve in MFS; I find Rizzo's commentary at this point hilarious.

Well, if we're talking about Paul Williams' cameo, we might as well point out all of the other celebrity cameos in TMM, GMC, MTM, etc.