Reaction score
This was awesome!
And didn't expect Janice's line...
LOL

I also kept reading.
Rowlf... Cat... Rowlf... Cat...
IS THAT A TYPO!?
LOL

But great story, and great descriptions.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Frog + pig
Whatever + chicken
Dog + cat

Definitely Muppety :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, to those who are confused by the plausibility of Rowlf and a cat somewhat romantically connected... The idea was put forth by Beth (redBoobergurl) in her fic series Rowlf's Stories. However, at Muppet Wiki it's mentioned that in an appearance on the Mike Douglas Show, Rowlf explained how when he was young he had a crush on a female cat named Puffy, and how he was discouraged from pursuing the relationship by the neighborhood bully a bulldog named Bobby. Then why didn't Rowlf fight back? Because Bobby was a girl and he'd been taught never to hit a girl.

So the pairing isn't that farfetched as you may think. :sympathy:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Awwww. How nice for someone else to do the party hosting and let Kermit and Piggy just be guests! Although I never really pictured Rowlf as the "settling down" type, I'm happy to take an excursion to someone else's reality.

I loved the image of Wanda giving herself a proper bath before he guests arrived. (I am remembering The Far Side's "Cat Showers" comic.)

Your description of the parade floats was wonderful fun. Hensonville sounds like a marvelous place to live. It was good to see Walter popping up in another fic--he's such a crowd-pleaser that it's always a pleasure.

And Janice, well--bless her for NEVER making dull party talk.

My only complaint--and YES, I am going to complain, dear one--is that WE didn't get to hear what everyone was thankful for! Although this does leave us free to use our imagination (and you know I have a fervid imagination, I am a big fan of your imagination, Countie! I wish you had told us what you think everyone was thankful for. (And I have NO OBJECTIONS to you retracting your "end" of the story above to tell us! Anybody with me?)

Ru

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, twist me arm, Lady Ru. Lemme think up some of the replies and I might have something added in there.
UD: You're doing it?
Of corpse, I have to keep her happy so we stay in her own ficverse.
*Already added Ch 134 to the master copy.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: Countie--Ed, darlink--You don't have to let me boss you just to stay in my ficverse!
Piggy: If you don't want to, can I boss him?
Kermit: Piggy--honey, Ed is busy writing something. Come over here and boss Walter a little--he's been all mopey since you didn't ask him to carry your packages at the mall yesterday.
Piggy: But, Kermie--I let him carry my packages at the mall on Tuesday, and Wednesday and Thursday....
Kermit: Yeah, but he felt a little left out when the weekend came and you didn't impose, um, I mean, um, ask him to help.
Piggy: Poor thing. Moi must go and make amends. I'll let him go with me to pick out some new holiday shoes. Walter...?
Ru: Um, Kermit--weren't you supposed to go with Piggy to shop for holiday shoes?
Kermit: Oh, um, well, I was but I thought Walter should maybe get the chance this year.
Walter: (running up) Hey! Guess what?! Guess what?! Miss Piggy is letting me come with her later today to shop for holiday shoes! Am I the luckiest muppet on the planet or what? (runs away to tel other people)
Ru: (looking at Kermit) Very shrewdly played, Kermit.
Kermit: Well, we both think we're the luckiest guy on the planet right now....