Brian & Lisa Henson named Co-CEOs; Rivkin steps down

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi SS, welcome back. I havn't seen you around for ages, or have you been here all along in which case I'll feel really silly for welcoming you back...

Bea:zany:{Confused, you will be...}regard

Luke

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
The Jim Henson Company is much, much more than a TV company. Besides. TV doesn't exist in a vacuum. What point is a TV show without any values behind it?
I'm well aware of what she was quoting. My point was more that Henson's core business is TV and the Muppets have always symbolised great quality fun, family entertainment. Sure there are values in the programming, but after those dire EMTV years I think people would rather hear about plans of fantastic things to come now the family are back rather than the message behind it all. Saying that, it was a press statement so she's just saying the customary stuff. I guess I was being a little impatient - I have every faith in Lisa to pony up the goods.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"I think people would rather hear about plans of fantastic things to come now the family are back rather than the message behind it all. Saying that, it was a press statement so she's just saying the customary stuff. I guess I was being a little impatient - I have every faith in Lisa to pony up the goods."

Fans critiquing press conferences. What a start for a new era. Perhaps Lisa should prepare a special pony just to make the Internet fans happy.

secret squirrel

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thats a good thought and i know what you mean about values of Tv and movies. Lets face it in my eyes i think the values of the muppets has kind of wavered a little. i think it is time for them to just get back to what worked when Jim was producing not to say MFS sould have been rated R or whatever but i think some things in it and AVMMC where just not very muppety if you know what i mean Things are sounding really really good to me..