Brian Froud- GOBLINS OF LABYRINTH RE-PRINT NEWS!

quixotic

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Taken from Froud's official site:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GOBLINS OF LABYRINTH RE-PRINT NEWS![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have just completed the design for the Anniversary Edition of GOBLINS OF LABYRINTH to be published by Abrams Books in October 2006. This edition will restore the book to it's original length (GOBLIN COMPANION omitted several major paintings and drawings), add 16 additional pages of art featuring designed for the "Goblin's Ball" scene", new spot art throughout and a new Afterward by Brian. [/FONT]

Okay so this may not be news to everyone here, and I've know about it myself for a couple of months but I thought I'd post it, I can't wait to see the pages about the ballroom scene, I've always wanted to know where those masks got to, and their designs. I bet there will be some truly lovely pictures! I've been looking out for something similar for myself but am finding it difficult to find any of those type of masks around. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are desingers here on the site, and I wondered if anyone had every made anything inspired by the masks in particular?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I bet he will do another signing in Londons Forbidden Planet store!

quixotic

Reaction score
You lucky londoner you! I'm from the Uk too, but its too pricey for me to get all the way down there, I hate it, If your not a londoner your *#~*^#!! :cry:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
quixotic said:
You lucky londoner you! I'm from the Uk too, but its too pricey for me to get all the way down there, I hate it, If your not a londoner your *#~*^#!! :cry:
What's that supposed to mean?:attitude: :crazy:

quixotic

Reaction score
Nothing! :embarrassed: Its not ment at them personally! :concern:

Its just a general concern for all major events being way down there thats all. :frown:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Sorry, I just got confused with what you said. By the way, this is news for me! Thanks for the info, I really want to get this book!:crazy: :smile: :crazy:

DTWolf

Reaction score
Noticing that Quixotic is in the UK, I checked Amazon.com to see about a U.S. release date for this book. Amazon says "The Goblins of Labyrinth: 20th Anniversary Edition (Hardcover)" will be released here on September 1, 2006, with a list price of $29.95.

Now that benefits me, of course, but it does seem horribly unfair that the U.S. gets the book before Great Britain, when Froud lives over there and the movie was made over there. >Sigh< Greedy Americans! We just HAVE to be first for everything, don't we? :sympathy:

Anyway, I'm really intrigued by this book. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for posting the news!

quixotic

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't think to find that American release, you are right I usually get miffed about these things, but I guess it really makes sense you being the bigger country and all. At least I will only have to wait a month longer, unlike other things I've been trying to get hold of like the storyteller, but hey I'm not bitter, honestly!

Yes, I can't wait to have this, I will order it and wait in anticipation! whoo! I wonder if it will have film stills? Does anyone have copies of the other goblin comanions to the film? ad can say if they do? I read somewhere that The new eddition of Th Dark Crystal book had film stills, I'm afraid I haven't bought these, but was just curious.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I have all previous editions, And Im sure that they dont have movie stills.