Bobby: the 1st addicted Muppet

Super Scooter

Reaction score
And, if I remember correctly, Frank Oz was/is a smoker. He smoked/smokes cigars. I'm not sure if he still does, but, I believe he did.

So, yeah, the Muppets discourage drug use, but don't, necessarily, condone smoking. As dangerous to one's health as it may be.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Heck, in TMM Piggy and Kermit got drunk on cheap sparkling wine, but i doubt any kids who saw the movie went out and got drunk. :big_grin:
Speak for yourself pal...God was that a night...

:wink:

-Matt

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah I can see the amount of drunken 5 year olds roaming the street.....

of course my dad was 17 and saw it...so maybe it did inspire him:wink:

MAN I wish I was born about 20 years earlier:stick_out_tongue:

Sarah

thimblebeetle

Reaction score
point to ponder on the crazy harry thing.....he sure did blow up things alot but that doesn't mean that we went out and blew stuff up too afterwards....ok, maybe we did....and did bobby really smoke those cigarettes? weren't they just always sorta just hanging off his lower lip?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I used to think Pepe's tooth was a cigarrette in the early days. Funny, huh? It kind of looks like one. This was back in the first few MT eps with the old puppet. :rolleyes:

I have noticed in the TMS DVDs that more characters than Bobby smoke. I'm amazed those bits haven't been cut by the PC crowd - although I would not condone it. It's part of our history as a country. Smoking didn't have the same stigma in the 25 years ago as it does today. :sympathy:

You know, I always felt Johnny was a smoker. In the end, it really doesn't matter. Just a product of the times. I always thought Bobby was creepy with his baby slave labor. I hear he's working a Kathy Lee sweatshop in Mexico these days. :eek:

thimblebeetle

Reaction score
exactly, the cigarrettes looked more like...um, well they were kinda like these white tube thingee type things which probably means they weren't smokes anyway so bobby probably wasn't a smoker at all he just had this white tubie thing hanging off his lip......geez this heat is frying my brain :eek:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I always thought Bobby's cigs looked more like lollipop sticks.

To think they used to give cigarettes away as prizes on game shows not more than 55 years ago. Sign of the times, man.

btw, they still show the shows with cigarette prizes on Game Show Network on their late-night block "Black and White Over Night," which I believe is 3am - 6am EST. I watch (if I'm up) because I like the shows, as well as the great things such as black and white broadcasting, cigarettes, and Gerital that date the shows so wonderfully.

-Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick: And wouldnt you be more worried that he his making Babies work at that young age ?
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Yeah, it's a shame that there isn't much of an uproar over Henson promoting forced child labor...
Well, it certainly effected Kathy Lee Gifford and her K-Mart line of clothes!!

:embarrassed: