Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

danielromens

Reaction score
DrTooth,

I'm not saying Muppet rides and restarants are bad, what I am trying to point out is that you seem to feel that Saban would use the characters for his own personal gain, whereas you seem to feel Disney filling it's expensive parks with rides and theme restaurants would somehow be only in the best of intentions for the characters. Come on man. True I'm sure a lot of the imagineers are fans and love thinking of this crap but at the same time the whole point of Disney World is a huge money maker for Disney. Jeeps to the creeps, why do you think the charge the first born of each visiting family? Out of the goodness of their hearts? I doubt it buddy.

Just trying to give a little perspective.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
One of the major reasons why I don't like the idea of a Saban buyout becasue Mr. Saban didn't have a network, a promotinal team, home video division, and so on. With a company like Disney, Henson will have all of those resources at their disposal. For example, Jim Henson films and programming could be released on Walt Disney Home Video or Buestia Vista Home Video. The Disney Store can provide more Henson merchidense. Disney Parks will bring more exposure to the characters in Calforina, Flodoria, Japan, Paris, and Hong Kong. Disney relationship with both Kellogg's and Mcdonald will allow Henson to promote their updcoming projects through new themed cerels, Happy Meal toys, and so on. The Disney Channel, ABC Family, and ABC will give Henson programming a home again. Playhouse Disney is perfect place for Muppet Babies, Hoobies, Construction Site, Mobit Shop, and other Henson Preschool programming. ABC Family is a good home for the oringal Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, The Storykeeper, Muppet Movies, Dinosaurs,and past made for tv specials like "A Muppet Familily Christmas". ABC is a great place for new Henson programming. Walt Disney Pictures, Tochstone Pictures, Miramax and Dimision are all great area for all Henson theatherial productions. Disney Interacive will aloud Henson to team up with super-developer like Square-Soft, Biazze Creations, Trailers Tails, Capcom, and others.

Luke

Reaction score
Oh yes Bean - you just got my penguin award for post of the century - that is TOTALLY why this company (whether they want it or not) should be in the hands of Disney if they want to move onwards and upwards. All else and they'll still be stuck in the graveyard they've been in since Jim (frog bless him) died.

Totally well said !

Luke

Reaction score
oops 'Graveyard' was probably the wrong word to use in that post seeing as i referenced Jim's death - i'll point that major snafu out myself before anyone else does. It was 3am and i was probably out of my mind so sincere apologies folks. Seriously what i meant is that they seem to have been in such a lull since Jim's death - sure they've continued and thats to their credit and i can understand why it has and will continue to have an affect on the company but things do seem to have dragged along, rather than really advanced in leaps and bounds - they really need a parent company with huge resources 'on tap' to be back in people's homes to the extent they were before and i do think that it's possible to achieve.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Two things,

1.) Enything is posable to achive

2.) I also think that Disney should buy the Muppets and they could make good toys, merchandice ect. And they have good advertising, Also they could make the new Muppet Clasics!!! Yeah!!!!

3.) Having reasently watched Muppet Treasure Island again it is quality. And that is what the JHC needs now more quality.

and

4.) can't think of anything else
Beauregard

Drtooth

Reaction score
and what would they sell at Swedish Chef restaraunts? Svenska Tacos?

Gichyour yimmy yimmy Sveska tacos snee! Chili Lutifisk Tacos Snee...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes. Bean has the right idea. That was what I've been hoping for since early 2001. Those are the things Disney could do for Henson, and what Henson could actually do for Henson.

Wish I had mailed that post with the four-page letter I wrote to Disney on Monday about the whole JHC thing. :smile:

Very well said, Bean. OK, that's enough sucking up.