Big Hero Six IS going to be an Animated Series!

mr3urious

Reaction score
But...her hair is still long...
They might explain why it's like that in the show, as well as why Rapunzel's long hair was restored in her appearance on Sofia the First.

C to the J

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
WHAT HAPPENED TO BIG HEROES 1-5?!!
Pig's laundry said:
The Hunger Games.:scary:
For those who can't take a joke, the 6 refers to the six members of the titular team. So we'll get to know even more about the characters. And maybe we'll see that family island Fred was talking about.

No doubt Scott Adsit will return as Baymax, since he provides the voice of Harvey Beaks's father, Irving.

mr3urious

Reaction score
No doubt Scott Adsit will return as Baymax, since he provides the voice of Harvey Beaks's father, Irving.
They might have all the original VAs return, as they aren't doing that much else and don't seem too expensive to acquire for a TV series. Heck, T.J. Miller was able to reprise his role as Tuffnut in Dragons: The Series, so anything's possible here.

C to the J

Reaction score
I know this thread's about Big Hero 6 getting a TV series, but there is a little something I thought I'd point out in the upcoming show based on Tangled. The names of Rapunzel's parents are revealed to be King Frederic (Clancy Brown) and Queen Arianna (Ashley Judd). I thought they'd already given the queen a voice in Tangled Ever After, although it was in an imagined scene. Kari Wahlgren provided the voice in that short, and it's true what Xerus said, Kari can speak similarly to Tress MacNeille. It's no wonder I mistook the queen's voice for Tress's when I first watched the short.

mr3urious

Reaction score

C to the J

Reaction score
Neither is Damon Wayans Jr. I'm guessing they'll be going with Khary Payton for Wasabi. Fred would be more difficult, as T.J. has a distinctive jerk-ish quality to his voice.
You're right about Khary voicing Wasabi for the TV series, as you can see on Animation Magazine's recent post: http://www.animationmagazine.net/features/disney-xd-details-big-hero-6-series-cast/

Perhaps Brooks Wheelan is able to pull off a T.J. Miller impression, which may be why Brooks was chosen to perform Fred in T.J.'s stead.

The art style certainly looks good. More faithful to the look of the film even!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's weird especially since T.J. usually appears in cartoon voice work, as he reprised his HTTYD character in (what I assume is) both series, and also appearing as Robbie in Gravity Falls.

Though, I always found it strange that in the Tarzan cartoon Wayne Knight's character was voiced by Jim Cummings when Wayne was already a regular cartoon VA, especially since he was Evil Emperor Zurg in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command a year at least before.

I am surprised by the return of Maya Rudolph, though.