Big Hero Six IS going to be an Animated Series!

Drtooth

Reaction score
YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEES!!!

Now, I loved the movie and it's one of my favorite modern era CGI Disney released films. But while I thought the movie was good, it really felt like it was mostly world building, and it needed another outlet to truly shine. A sequel or at least a comic book series. Of course, I was more in favor of a recurring cartoon series, maybe one that can mine just a little from the original comics, all the while keeping the film versions of the characters. I'm glad to see a Disney movie turn into a cartoon series that isn't geared towards preschoolers (though they've been fantastic as of late, I'm really loving Lion Guard), especially an action oriented one. Shows like Aladdin, Hercules, and Legend of Tarzan did more with the characters and concepts than a movie could hold. Even going as far as improving on the film's concepts. Sure, Aladdin lost Robin Williams as a Genie, but gained a rich world and backstory. That's why it's a shame the Atlantis cartoon never took off beyond 3 episodes. I can see this strategy working for Big Hero and expanding what the movie started off with.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And they've got the creators of Kim Possible behind it, too, so you know this is going to be very promising! :smile:

I hope they're able to get all the main cast back, too. I know T.J. Miller would be willing, as he reprised Tuffnut in the Dragons series.

I can see this strategy working for Big Hero and expanding what the movie started off with.
Hopefully it can even lead to an actual movie sequel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A movie sequel would be great. Clearly whatever happens in this series (as per usual) won't matter a darn in the film, but it's a nice little continuation of the characters. There's only so much you can do with a film, even as a franchise. A TV show gives a chance to expand.

I really wanted Disney to make this a brand all their own, despite the fact that Marvel and Star Wars are their boy brands. As opposed to princesses and Frozen for girls, though Frozen's sometimes seen as its own brand and sometimes it's part of Princesses.

I hope they're able to get all the main cast back, too. I know T.J. Miller would be willing, as he reprised Tuffnut in the Dragons series.
Most of the main cast isn't that big of celebrities that I'd see them having to recast everyone. T.J. did have a recurring role in Gravity Falls. Then again, Wayne Knight was the voice of Evil Emperor Zurg in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, but they couldn't get him back to play Tantor in Legends of Tarzan.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's like the 90s all over again. Duck Tales,PPG,Magic School Bus and all these other shows getting reboots and now they're going back to making shows based on movies. Remember that Tangled show is still happening too.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I heard I think the Tangled series got the axe. Hopefully.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard I think the Tangled series got the axe. Hopefully.
That seemed to be for preschoolers, anyway. It's be disappointing if they completely got rid of it, especially how they specifically chose a current movie that wasn't Frozen. I'd hope that they have every intention of following this one through. There's many stories to be told in San Franstokyo, and Disney has been hitting it out of the park with...uh...most of it's television shows recently. It's great to see another action adventure series in the works when they have Rebels and the Marvel shows (which I still don't get the animosity towards. Sony wasn't going to save Spectacular Spider-Man).