Big changes for Season 36

Drtooth

Reaction score
What part of April fools don;t you get?

I thought this was moved or deleted....

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, if Season 35 has 26 episodes, Sesame Workshop might as well start working on Season 36 once all 26 episodes have been shown.

salemfan

Reaction score
Drtooth, when you mentioned the cancellation of Dragon Tales and Sagwa, according to TVtome.com, the production of new Dragon Tales episodes actually has been discontinued, and Sagwa is on hiatus/TBD(lately there haven't been any new episodes). So it actually might be true for Sesame Workshop to have enough money for more than 26 episodes.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I don't think it should be deleted. Drtooth's got some pretty good ideas of what we'd like to see. Instead of deleting it, why don't we build on it and discuss what we'd like to see in the future...but be reasonable. Recasting and fine-tuning older Muppets is okay, but blaming Elmo and threatening to kill him won't solve anything. Here's an example, but please don't get angry at my opinions; I'm just voicing them:

Roosevelt Franklin--have Kevin Clash perform him. Sort of like Kingston Livingston III, but more hip and cool.

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, then can the administrator modify the title of this thread instead of deleting it?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
Well, then can the administrator modify the title of this thread instead of deleting it?

Have David Rudman perform Forgetful Jones!
Ditto with the title change. But if it were changed, what would it be called?

And about Forgetful: you read my mind. :smile: David would be perfect for the role. And Forgetful's had a few onscreen cameos in the 90s.

Deanmo19 said:
Do not forget to have John Tartaglia perform Guy Smiley and Tim Lagasse perform Sherlock Hemlock.
Never thought about those. John could probably do a pretty good Guy impression, as well as Tim as Sherlock. (a few of his Between the Lions characters have a bit of a gentle "gruff" tone to it, like Sherlock. I feel like they missed an opportunity last year with the "Circus Detectives" episode.)

How about Sam the Robot?: Instead of a bulky walkaround (or roll-around) costume, he could be about the size of Cookie Monster, or slightly bigger?

salemfan

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
Do not forget to have John Tartaglia perform Guy Smiley and Tim Lagasse perform Sherlock Hemlock.
Why not have Steve Whitmire perform Guy Smiley? Steve performed Guy in the street story of a Season 32(originally season 30)episode in which Maria has many emergency toaster repairs. For some reason, Guy Smiley was put as one of Maria's patrons as opposed to a game show host.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
Why not have Steve Whitmire perform Guy Smiley? Steve performed Guy in the street story of a Season 32 (originally season 30)episode in which Maria has many emergency toaster repairs. For some reason, Guy Smiley was put as one of Maria's patrons as opposed to a game show host.
Steve may have performed Guy, but his voice was not heard (two other Muppets talked over him), and he had only one line, so it's hard to tell how his Guy voice would sound.