Big Bird in China or Japan?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Prairie is still very active on the show today.
Yeah, so is the Count. After all, he still does the "Number of the Day" and he's made a few street scenes this season.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
You mean that was Marty who dubbed Telly's voice in "Plaza Sesamo?" I think that would make sense if they didn't translate to Spanish until later on, or are you referring to something else?

I wasnt talking about Telly on Plaza Sesamo. I was reffering to the new Big Bird in China DVD in which Marty Robbinson dubbed over all of Telly's lines which were originally done by Brian Meehl. I just don't think it was neccasary. They wanted to update it to make it seem more familiar to the kids who are familiar with the newer Sesame Street. But this doesn't make much sense to me. They came out with The Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD a few years back, and that has charachters like Linda, Mr. Hooper, David, and Olivia who aren't even around anymore.

PiLfan

Reaction score
test

just a test...i've been having problems posting.

disregard

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think there's a "feedback" section on those forums where you could do testing and stuff like that. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, in response to your post, Boober, I understand now. I didn't think they got the original "Sesame Street" Muppateers for "Plaza Sesamo." Though Ernie does sound a heck of a lot like Henson there. Anyway, thanks for the info.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is true that The Count is still active on the show, but ever since the Number of The dy segments were introduced, it seems to me like the count is mostly just used to introduce the number of the day these days, and new number of the day segments for the numbers 1-10 that were produced in season 36 haven't featured The Count. I am aware that he is in some of this years street plots. Prarie dawn is also still used a lot but normally just for the letter of the day.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed that when the Count sings the song to Countess Von Backwards, she never stops him before ten. They really should come up with some new segments with the count for numbers 1-10. And I guess they could use Prarie in something else besides "The Letter of the Day." Maybe she could do more of those plays like she used to do. I see your point there.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah, I've noticed that when the Count sings the song to Countess Von Backwards, she never stops him before ten. They really should come up with some new segments with the count for numbers 1-10. And I guess they could use Prarie in something else besides "The Letter of the Day." Maybe she could do more of those plays like she used to do. I see your point there.

She should do more plays! Why hasn't she done any or played the piano atleast? She was best known for that stuff. Plus it would get her on the street more. She hasn't been in any street stories for a while. Maybe it is because Fran Brill uses Zoe for the street, but they don't have to be there at the same time in the same episode. Zoe isn't in every street story anyway. And Prairie did well with Big Bird and Snuffy and Elmo. They should have her interact with more characters again besides Cookie (even though they are a perfect match for comedy).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, Prarie did do a play recently in "Elmo's World: Happy Holidays." They need more stuff like that.