Big Bird Book Signing ... I Can't Wait!

beaker

Reaction score
I just bought Wisdowm of Big Bird tonight, and cant wait to get through it. It's a really aweosme read fo rany Muppet fan...its like youre right there! heh

Anyways, Matrix and Oscar/Spinney this Friday, whoo! :smile:

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I was trying to get my mom to take me there....but apparently 2 hours there and back is too much for her on a work night.
That's a bummer...I'm sorry that you won't be able to attend.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ol' Buddy Bert
That's a bummer...I'm sorry that you won't be able to attend.
My mom just called and said that we were going! My parents rule! So I will be there tonight! If you read this before you go, I'll have a green bag with many pins on it including a MC Rowlf one! Hope to see you there!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
My mom just called and said that we were going! My parents rule! So I will be there tonight! If you read this before you go, I'll have a green bag with many pins on it including a MC Rowlf one! Hope to see you there!
Sweet! *does a happy dance for you* My mom is going with me too friday(is everyones mom going? heh)

I will probably be wearing my Matrix-ish Beaker shirt, green overshirt with MC pin, etc. Anyways, post your story here!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Sweet! *does a happy dance for you* My mom is going with me too friday(is everyones mom going? heh)
Thank you! *joins happy dance*:excited: That was the greatest experience ever! You are going to have such a fabulous time!! He's the nicest man ever! After he signed my book--as Oscar and Big Bird!--Scott --'Ol Buddy Bert-- (who I got to meet:smile:), and I waited around to ask him to take pictures with us and he was sooooo nice about it! I can't wait to get them developed! It was more than worth the time it took me to get there! It was such a wonderful time!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My question is how many books will they allow you to get signed? Everyone in the world has been asking for help, but I don't think I can accomidate everyone. That's why I have been reluctant about posting that I'm going. Anyway, We'll see what happens. The last book signing I attended was at 16 when I met Chuck Jones. That was a looong time ago.

I guess I'll see you there, Cory. Are you going to Berkley or San Fran? :smile:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hey Jamie

I dont think there's a limit on books that you can get signed.As long as you are paying for the books, I dont see them having any problems.I was at the NYC book signing and had 4 books signed and I saw people with way more books then me.

If you do have alot of books to get signed, I suggest calling the store ahead of time and ask them if there is a limit on how many you can buy and how many you can get signed.

Hope this helps

Michael

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I'll see what I can do and report the results. :smile:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hey All

Here's some useful info for those that can't make the Caroll Spinney book signing or don't have him coming to your area.

You can order a signed copy of the book from the website of one of the places he will be at on Friday.

The link is: http://www.staceys.com/

The price is $15.26

So, if you can't get out to see him or he's not coming to your town, this is the next best thing !

Take Care

Michael

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I e-mailed Hicklebee's last night regarding an autograph limit & signing other items, and got this response today:

<B>Yes, you can get more than one signature. Mr. Spinney is accomodating and enthusiastic, but will have time constraints. If there are alot of people and we are concerned about getting everyone's books signed, we sometimes have to limit the signing to 2 or 3 books per person. Or we might limit the number of personalizations, and have him just sign others. We can never be certain until we see how many people are there. Oftentimes publishers have restrictions, but we haven't received any to date for this event.

If there is a time crunch, the first restrictions will be on signing things other than the books. I won't know how he feels about that until I meet him on Sunday. Surely it will depend on the amount of people there, but if he is willing--and the publisher's representative does not object---I see no problem with it.</B>