Bewitched on DVD!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I guess I should've specified that it was a tv movie. There are actually two I Dream of Jeannie tv movies.

The first was broadcast in 1985 and was titled "I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later". Larry Hagman wasn't a part of it because of miscommunications between himself and William Asher plus Larry was on Dallas, so the part of Major Nelson was played by Wayne Rogers (Trapper from M*A*S*H). But the rest of the cast was there. The plot was Jeannie was tired of being taken granted by her master/husband and so she moves out with their only child, a son, played by Mackenzie Astin. The only thing I remember about it was the son didn't know his mother was a genie and he catches her packing by magic so she shows him when his father found her in the bottle. I haven't seen this one in awhile but I remember liking it even though it sucked that Larry Hagman wasn't in it.

The other was in 1991 and it was called "I Still Dream of Jeannie". This time there isn't anyone playing Major Nelson, who by now is Colonel Nelson. He's on a top secret space flight and Jeannie finds out from her sister that if he doesn't come back by the next full moon she'll have to find a new master according to Genie Law. There is no Dr. Bellows in this one because the actor who played him had died by this time. So the whole movie is Jeannie trying to find a new master. It was pretty lame. I have it on tape. Barbara Eden still looked good for her age and in both movies the costume was redesigned so that her belly button showed, which it wasn't allowed in the 1960s.

Luckily there was never a Bewitched tv movie. It would've been terrible. When Elizabeth Montgomery was asked if she would be in one she said "I don't see any reason to do that. Once you have completed a project, you should move on. I am very proud of Bewitched, and I seriously dout that whatever type of reunion could be made would ever top what we did on the series or even come close." I totally agree.

I wish they would've done a retrospective show about Bewitched though.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
That's cool. How was Wayne as Major Nelson? I LOVE "M*A*S*H". Trapper was a fun guy. :smile:
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
That's cool. How was Wayne as Major Nelson? I LOVE "M*A*S*H". Trapper was a fun guy. :smile:
Erin
He was OK but he was no Larry Hagman.......but I love M*A*S*H too! I'm so glad it's on DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
The other was in 1991 and it was called "I Still Dream of Jeannie". This time there isn't anyone playing Major Nelson, who by now is Colonel Nelson. He's on a top secret space flight and Jeannie finds out from her sister that if he doesn't come back by the next full moon she'll have to find a new master according to Genie Law. There is no Dr. Bellows in this one because the actor who played him had died by this time. So the whole movie is Jeannie trying to find a new master. It was pretty lame. I have it on tape. Barbara Eden still looked good for her age and in both movies the costume was redesigned so that her belly button showed, which it wasn't allowed in the 1960s.
Still better than Jeannie the Animated series... oh well... at least Mark Hamil was in it..

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Still better than Jeannie the Animated series... oh well... at least Mark Hamil was in it..
I bought a tape off eBay off the entire animated series........I haven't even watched all of it cause it's so cheesy! I'm sure I would've really liked it when I was younger but now, blah! And seriously Mark Hamill is one of the cheesiest people ever......especially his performance on the Muppet Show.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Hopefully, the upcoming Bewitched film with Will Ferell and Nicole Kidman will be good. I was very sad that Jim Carrey couldn't reach a deal to portray Darren; to me, Carrey is a dead ringer. I hope Ferell is right for the part. In my opinion, nobody could replace Dick York. He is so awesome in Bewitched; his mannerisms are hilarious :smile:. Unlike the new Darren -- while alright I guess, his acting is just not fit to fill York's shoes.
It will be interesting to see who they get to play Larry, Mrs. Kravitz and Angora. You simply CANNOT have a good Bewitched film without those three.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I bought a tape off eBay off the entire animated series........I haven't even watched all of it cause it's so cheesy! I'm sure I would've really liked it when I was younger but now, blah! And seriously Mark Hamill is one of the cheesiest people ever......especially his performance on the Muppet Show.
LOL, he really was cheesy on the Muppet Show, wasn't he? But I thought he was adorable. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
He was OK but he was no Larry Hagman.......but I love M*A*S*H too! I'm so glad it's on DVD.
Yeah, me too, though I haven't gotten any of the seasons yet. They're so expensive!! :eek:
Erin

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Wanna talk about bad cheesy? Elton John!

God ... that guy is terrible in TMS :big_grin: