Bewitched on DVD!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Hopefully, the upcoming Bewitched film with Will Ferell and Nicole Kidman will be good. I was very sad that Jim Carrey couldn't reach a deal to portray Darren; to me, Carrey is a dead ringer. I hope Ferell is right for the part. In my opinion, nobody could replace Dick York. He is so awesome in Bewitched; his mannerisms are hilarious . Unlike the new Darren -- while alright I guess, his acting is just not fit to fill York's shoes.
It will be interesting to see who they get to play Larry, Mrs. Kravitz and Angora. You simply CANNOT have a good Bewitched film without those three.
I have a feeling the Bewitched movie will be good because Norah Ephron is directing it and I think she'll understand that Bewitched is more than just magic, it's a love story about two people from completely opposite backgrounds setting aside their differences and making their marriage work. I'm also disheartened that Jim Carrey won't be playing Darrin for the very same reason: he's a dead ringer for Dick York. But I'm going to give Will Ferrell a chance. I'm really hoping that Angelica Huston plays Endora, and if not her than Shirley Maclaine. For Larry, Dabney Coleman, and Mrs. Kravitz, Beverly Archer (she's Iola from Mama's Family).

Yeah, me too, though I haven't gotten any of the seasons yet. They're so expensive!!
Erin
I'm only able to watch them because my mom has the first two seasons, but they are expensive! :eek:

Now speaking of Bewitched on DVD I just found that those lucky guys in Japan not only are going to get Season 1 but in the month's following that Seasons 2 and 3 are going to be released! :smirk: :rolleyes: http://www.shinseido.co.jp/tv/bewitched.html Seriously, why is it that we can't have our USA produced show here first?! :confused: I know the answer is because they want to wait until the movie premiers but it's so frustrating!!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Just wanted to tell you guys that tonight (11/20) beginning at 10:00 Pm MST is a Bewitched Marathon on TV Land. It is a marathon of six episodes. It's not a themed marathon it's just they are showing six episodes that were next to show. They are:
#94: "The Corn is as High as a Gurensey's Eye" - Samantha mistakenly thinks Aunt Clara has turned herself into a cow.
#95: "The Trial and Error of Aunt Clara" - Samantha comes to Aunt Clara's defense when it is decided that Clara is not fit to be a witch any longer.
#96: "Three Wishes" - Endora gives Darrin three wishes.
#97: "I Remember You...Sometimes" - Endora gives Darrin total recall which irritates everyone around him.
#98: "Art for Sam's Sake" - Samantha's painting is switched with a professional painters at an auction
#99: "Charlie, Harper Winner" - Darrin feels he can't give Samantha everything she would want when a rather successful friend of his shows up.

These are all really good episodes so make sure to set your VCRS. Particularly the ones with Aunt Clara.

p.s. If you've been paying attention to the news today you will want to watch "I Dream of Jeannie" tonight which is on at 9:30 MST on TVLand. Phil Spector, a legendary music producer, was charged with murder today and he appears in the Jeannie episode tonight as himself.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I remember that episode with Aunt Clara's trial. That was good. I didn't hear that Phil Spector had been charged! :eek: :frown:
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Bewitched on dvd

Hiya.Looking forward to it.<nose twitch>To see all of those episodes restored,will be awesome.-JaniceFerSure :halo: