Beverly Hills Chihuahua - The Next Huge Film, or a Huge Flop?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really hope Disney doesn't tack of their new animated shorts to the beginning of this movie so I have to sit through it (I have a thing for shorts before movies!)... :rolleyes:
The Goffy short was practically the only reason I wanted to see "National Treasure: The Book of Secrets".

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...I don't think I've ever seen Walt Disney's shorts...not sure I want to either.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
It looks cute! :3
Awww...I wanna pet them. XP

Well, I dunno how it's gonna turn out.
Best of luck to the film!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**giggles about WD's shorts**

The link wasn't working, so I watched the trailer on YouTube. Assuming it's the same one, where they're all singing around the temple thingy, here goes...

Personally, I really don't like movies with talking animals. I'll be more specific: Animated ones are fine for the most part, but if it's a live-action movie and the animals talk with moving mouths, it just gives me the creeps a little bit.

That being said, this one looks cute and I liked the song! But I don't think I'd go to see it in theatres. I'd rather save my $10.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Unless America is dumber than im giving them credit for, this will be a huge flop....lets hope

Beauregard

Reaction score
Everyone is right, of course. It's a serrriously dumbed-down looking movie. But, I think this movie realises this and knows that everyone will hate it and that's exactly the kind of arrogence that makes it work...Maybe it just connects with me in some odd way that it hasn't hit anyone else...*shrugs*

But you're all totally right, usually I'd barf and run away as fast as my tippeetoes would take me.

Skye

Reaction score
Everyone is right, of course. It's a serrriously dumbed-down looking movie. But, I think this movie realises this and knows that everyone will hate it and that's exactly the kind of arrogence that makes it work...Maybe it just connects with me in some odd way that it hasn't hit anyone else...*shrugs*
That's a really good point! With lots of movies that look a little stupid or silly, they end up working out and being successes because people are really curious about it, or people are drawn to it because it seems a little wacky, lol. Even if they're convinced they'll hate it, they'll go see it anyway.

Having said that, my computer's being pretty funky right now, so I wasn't able to watch the trailer. But based on the comments so far, it doesn't sound like something I'd normally be interested in, so I'll probably be passing on it.

But I love cute li'l chihuahuas! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Must.. resist... urge....to...break...something...

And I WISH what I just said was a joke. I really, actually factually feel like breaking something right now. I'm so angry, I'm turning green... and I don't even need gamma radiation.